Linux Estuary Mod 2 skin service helper error
Hi,

I run Kodi 18 with the Estuary mod skin on my desktop. The machine is about 3+ years old, 64 Bit, memory 16 gig, Intel® Core™ i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz × 4, Intel® Haswell graphics. The OS is Ubuntu 18.04.

I had a setup where the OS was on a SSD and the Home directory was on a large hard drive. Last week I had to wipe the OS and reinstall it. Unfortunately I did not make a backup of the Kodi system, but the .kodi file was perfectly in tact on the Home directory. I want the new configuration to keep the Home directory on the same SSD as the OS, and mount the large drive as storage. I did that. I installed Kodi 18 and copied the .kodi file to the new Home directory. It all works fine but i am getting an error message popup ("skin service helper error"), every time I move from one screen to another. From the log is appears that the "KodiDb is not being imported. " ImportError: cannot import name KodiDb "  kodi log https://paste.kodi.tv/ifarovovej.kodi

Please help me fix this error. Thank You!
(2019-12-10, 15:07)1Underpar Wrote: Hi,

I run Kodi 18 with the Estuary mod skin on my desktop. The machine is about 3+ years old, 64 Bit, memory 16 gig, Intel® Core™ i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz × 4, Intel® Haswell graphics. The OS is Ubuntu 18.04.

I had a setup where the OS was on a SSD and the Home directory was on a large hard drive. Last week I had to wipe the OS and reinstall it. Unfortunately I did not make a backup of the Kodi system, but the .kodi file was perfectly in tact on the Home directory. I want the new configuration to keep the Home directory on the same SSD as the OS, and mount the large drive as storage. I did that. I installed Kodi 18 and copied the .kodi file to the new Home directory. It all works fine but i am getting an error message popup ("skin service helper error"), every time I move from one screen to another. From the log is appears that the "KodiDb is not being imported. " ImportError: cannot import name KodiDb " see kodi log.

Please help me fix this error. Thank You!

Problem Solved! I clicked on the "Necessary add-ons" tab to double check that I had all the necessary add-ons. I was missing a couple. I guess I missed them when I moved to the new Home directory. 
Last night I added some content to my music and video library, as well as some artwork for the backgrounds of some of the menu items. Now I am getting the skin service helper error again. I have updated all of the necessary addons. From the log:  "Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Error Contents: No module named backports.functools_lru_cache"  https://paste.kodi.tv/ucanusuhay.kodi

Please Help!
(2019-12-14, 17:55)1Underpar Wrote: Last night I added some content to my music and video library, as well as some artwork for the backgrounds of some of the menu items. Now I am getting the skin service helper error again. I have updated all of the necessary addons. From the log:  "Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Error Contents: No module named backports.functools_lru_cache"  https://paste.kodi.tv/ucanusuhay.kodi

Please Help!

After an internet search of the errors I installed  "pip install matplotlib==2.0.2" from stack overflow   then "pip install backports.functools-lru-cache" from pypi . That seems to have solved my issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary Mod 2 skin service helper error0