Req functionality to change the path without needing to rescrape
so the folder moves to new location but the scraped data remains intact
(2019-12-11, 03:28)drramimagdi Wrote: so the folder moves to new location but the scraped data remains intact

Oh yes PLEASE !

I have my content in the cloud, end is slow as hell to get their medainfo, so I started assigning metadata in local and moving everything to the cloud after that... just to see TMM seeing the content as new (I assume because of the path change) and getting mediainfo again for every file, despite having the nfo in the same folder... being able to change the path without needing to scrape again would fix this use case
Yes, set up a second data source and after scraping use the action "change data source of selected movie(s)" which results of the movies being moved to the other data source.

I cannot say if that also works when using a cloud storage as the second data source - you might have to test it
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

(2020-01-15, 07:56)mlaggner Wrote: Yes, set up a second data source and after scraping use the action "change data source of selected movie(s)" which results of the movies being moved to the other data source.

I cannot say if that also works when using a cloud storage as the second data source - you might have to test it
It seemed to me a great feature but I tried a couple of times to use it having google drive maped into my computer with Raidrive, and I had no success.

Would be great to have any other way to tell TMM that the files are stored in other location, rather than have TMM moving those files by itself.
add a data source with the new location and to an "update data sources"..

to be honest - we cannot implement each corner case and some users just need to have "patience" if they have a special setup and things go slow because of that...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux

(2020-01-15, 07:56)mlaggner Wrote: Yes, set up a second data source and after scraping use the action "change data source of selected movie(s)" which results of the movies being moved to the other data source.

Would this work if I didn't move my files, but wanted to take the superior folder as source data replacing the current one?
if you "change/replace" the data source everything must be imported new.. but for later on: movies inside tmm can be in nested folders and that _should_ work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
functionality to change the path without needing to rescrape00