I need a box, but which one?
I've bought a bunch of boxes recently so hopefully can help. If you're just interested in Kodi you don't need anything too powerful. The guys that designed Kodi are freaking magicians so it works great on cheap boxes.

Here's my current favs:

Mecool MK3 is amazing- one of the more powerful but a bit pricey. In my opinion this box is super overkill if you're just running kodi. I bought mine on Aliexpress here. 
Omnibox is a good cheap box that I bought a few months ago. The wifi is 2.4ghz which means it works good over longer distance but keep in mind 2.4ghz isnt as fast as 5ghz. I havent had problems with buffering but if you live in a noisy neighborhood I can imagine you could. Got that box from sourcetiger here. but looks like the price went up so I wouldn't get it (I paid around $25 for mine but now their price is higher)
Matricom has a stick made for Kodi which runs a version of libreelec called alexelec. It's cheap ($20) and snappy but doesn't do 4k and only has 2.4ghz wifi so keep that in mind if you want to go the stick route. The firestick is always an option too but I prefer to bypass Android and im not a huge fan of amazon.

It all boils down to what you're trying to do. If you want to run Android and Kodi I'd go for a more powerful box since Android adds a lot of overhead. Good luck and hope it helps!
Kodi Enthusiast / Spontaneous Box Buyer / Wannabe Dev
[ Current favs: Fastest: Ugoos AM6 Android Box / Budget: Omni Kodi Stick / Balance: KM3 Android Box ] 
The Odroid N2 is also a good choice
(2020-02-11, 22:10)roman911 Wrote:
(2019-12-12, 21:08)Sutton Rider Wrote: OK I know this has been asked a 100 times before, but I just seem to get conflicting answers and going round in circles. I'm running a 10 year old TV with 3 HDMI sockets on the back. A fibre WiFi internet connection and at the moment I have a Firestick that I brought 4 years ago and I'm trying to run Kodi v19. I'm finding it crashes while moving around the menu options every 5 to 10 mins. Its also slow. Once a film / prog has been selected and running it seems to be fine.

I want to upgrade to a faster box that doesn't crash. I don't need netflix or any of the other bloatware, just kodi. I don't want to spend a fortune so the latest and greatest box may not be required.

What would you recommend? I've been looking at boxes like the H96 on eBay, any good?

Well, based, so to speak, on personal experience, I would advise you to try this *removed* solution from *removed*. At least, I use it myself and am satisfied with the quality of broadcasts.

Specs on that Mag box model are about as low as one can get, 1gb ram , 100mb Lan , , the 4k firestick at a third of the price is vastly better value and superior in just about all points.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need a box, but which one?0