Video library filtering
Hi all,

I am wondering how can I achieve the following scenario:
I have a NAS with Mysql centralized database for kodi. Three RPis with Libreelec use this database for films and music.
Now I want to add a new client for my daughter, but I wish limit the access to the video library to show only films for kids or animation films.

The question is: how to achieve this?
User customization inside kodi?
Is possible to filter films shown by category with advancedsettings.xml?

I hope you can help me with this topic.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.
ManuelOrtega
Different solutions are possible. The most easiest one might be to create a profile for her on her device. Strip everything down to probably only access the favourites, create a smart playlist, filter that by mpaa rating and make that available for her profile under favourites. Protect the master profile with a password and set her profile to be the one which starts at boot.

You could also create that playlist on another client and move that over to her device. The playlist file should have all the specific paths included. It might not look that nice. But that would be the easiest way I could think of.

Everything else which comes to my mind would required a refactoring your storage structure and sort movies in folder by mpaa rating. In germany those ratings are named "FSK". So you could create following folders:

- FSK0
- FSK6
- FSK12
- FSK16
- FSK18

and put the specific movies into the matching folders. Then you would be able to let her access one of those sources. That would still require an additional limited profile, so she won't be able to add sources on her own Wink
(2019-12-13, 20:13)DaVu Wrote: Different solutions are possible. The most easiest one might be to create a profile for her on her device. Strip everything down to probably only access the favourites, create a smart playlist, filter that by mpaa rating and make that available for her profile under favourites. Protect the master profile with a password and set her profile to be the one which starts at boot.

You could also create that playlist on another client and move that over to her device. The playlist file should have all the specific paths included. It might not look that nice. But that would be the easiest way I could think of.

Everything else which comes to my mind would required a refactoring your storage structure and sort movies in folder by mpaa rating. In germany those ratings are named "FSK". So you could create following folders:

- FSK0
- FSK6
- FSK12
- FSK16
- FSK18

and put the specific movies into the matching folders. Then you would be able to let her access one of those sources. That would still require an additional limited profile, so she won't be able to add sources on her own Wink
Thanks for your advice DaVu.
I prefer to avoid to refact my sotrage, but your idea about smart playlist sounds good and easy. I was mainly looking for some kind of permissions in the Mysql database or advancedsetting.xml and not think in the kodi profiles.
I will try it.

Thanks !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video library filtering0