Testing updated Kodi client for v4 and v5
Sub and I are now starting to test a pre release version of Kodi with working timeshifting on v5.  There is a Kodi build for Matrix and many platforms and partial build for Leia Win64 now with 32bit coming.  I will do a custom CoreElec build for the Odroid N2 but I won't be making an LibreElec builds, the source will be available for the adventurous.

Here is the current change log for Matrix   * as minimum I'd like to backport for Leia (currently they are enabled in the test builds for Leia)

- implement v5 timeshifting *
- improve playback of in progress recordings *
- added original air date as firstAired
- live and new flags modify firstAired
- added Advanced Recording type
- Add genres to recordings (Kodi bug doesn't display them)
- can force delete of all channel icons from the setup screen
- added the sid to recordings
- removed forced (YEAR) from EPG titles, Kodi V19 does this now.
- reintroduce XMLUtils makes the parsing code easier to read.*
- continue to change c to c++*
- fixed bug passing empty channel group titles to Kodi (kodi bug) *

I'd like to test V4 and V5 servers so the upgrade to V5 is recommended but not mandatory.

If you are interested in testing please post on NextPVR forum https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid531099 with information on your configuration so I'd know what to prepare, and what you are interested in testing.

There have been comments from some users here that there hasn't been enough testing so I'd like those users to step up and join in.

Thanks if you have questions let me know.

Martin
These changes are now in the Kodi Matrix nightly builds.

There are a some usage notes  with a v5 server

- Timeshift is very efficient and more stable in testing then v4 Timeshifting.
- Timeshift and Extended Timeshift do the same thing
- there is no ability to store the playback buffer, instant recordings start from the point you hit the record button
- you may need to reduce the prebuffer on an upgrade.  I would reduce it to 1 or even zero and if that causes a lot of initial buffering right after video play consider increasing it. 

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing updated Kodi client for v4 and v50