Removing Media dialogue when it starts playing.
Hey gang

I'm using the latest stable release of Kodi on a 2019 NVidia Shield.

Yesterday I made a playlist of movie trailers to play on my TV in the background during a Christmas Party, and every time a new trailer played, it would display what the file was every time for a few seconds before disappearing.

Is there anyway to disable this info/dialogue from appearing?

Would love for the trailers to play cleanly each time a new one plays.

Thanks in advance.
Which addon are you using to source and play the trailers?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-15, 23:47)Karellen Wrote: Which addon are you using to source and play the trailers?

I'm not. They're local.
(2019-12-16, 00:32)kesslervoy81 Wrote:
(2019-12-15, 23:47)Karellen Wrote: Which addon are you using to source and play the trailers?

I'm not. They're local. 
Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific. They're local on a external hard drive. I don't use Kodi to stream at all. All of my media is on located on three hard drives (20tb, and 8tb x2).
Maybe try using a video screensaver and point it to the folder of videos?
(2019-12-16, 10:01)Hitcher Wrote: Maybe try using a video screensaver and point it to the folder of videos?

I did consider this, but the trailers are all in the local folders for each individual movie for the 'Play Trailer' add on.

I'm assuming there is no way to remove the dialogue then?
No way to remove unless you are comfortable in editing the skin files.

If you're using the default Estuary skin then it's the DialogSeekBar.xml file that needs editing, removing Player.DisplayAfterSeek from this line https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Bar.xml#L3 should do it.
(2019-12-16, 13:48)jjd-uk Wrote: No way to remove unless you are comfortable in editing the skin files.

If you're using the default Estuary skin then it's the DialogSeekBar.xml file that needs editing, removing Player.DisplayAfterSeek from this line https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Bar.xml#L3 should do it.

Thank you. Totally comfortable doing this. My only question, and this may be a total newbie thing to ask, but how do I access this XML from my Nvidia Shield to edit? I use a MacBook Pro, so is there anyway I can access that XML via my Mac to edit it?
adbLink works on Mac.
(2019-12-16, 15:15)Hitcher Wrote: adbLink works on Mac.

Managed to get it connected but for some reason skin.estuary isn't located in my Add Ons directory. Having trouble finding it.
(2019-12-16, 15:44)kesslervoy81 Wrote:

Managed to get it connected but for some reason skin.estuary isn't located in my Add Ons directory. Having trouble finding it.  

Okay so I managed to find it and edited the line that was suggested but it's still coming up.

I've attached an image below. Essentially I want to the picture to be completely clear of text/info/loading bar/time when a new video plays in a playlist.

(2019-12-16, 16:17)kesslervoy81 Wrote:
(2019-12-16, 15:44)kesslervoy81 Wrote:

Okay so I managed to find it and edited the line that was suggested but it's still coming up.

I've attached an image below. Essentially I want to the picture to be completely clear of text/info/loading bar/time when a new video plays in a playlist.

Okay guys, we have progress.

After a little play around I've managed to removed everything except the little blue 'buffer'/'loading' wheel that pops up momentarily between videos.

Any ideas where that might be located? That's the last piece of the puzzle.

I want to thank you greatly for assisting me on this. It makes a world of difference with CinemaVision too.
This is the final thing I need to remove. This little animated wheel -- SEE IMAGE LINK BELOW.

I'm looking in the XMLs but honestly have no idea what I'm looking for. A push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

DialogBusy.xml for that, alter https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...usy.xml#L9

from
xml:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(startup) + !Player.Caching</visible>
to
xml:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(startup) + !Player.Caching + !Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

So add !Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)
Btw I always find it easier to use the built in Kodi File Manager to copy files like that off to a PC, edit there then copy back. When adding sources to the File Manager this is your friend https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol as these special paths are shorthand links that will take to the relevant place on any system without you having to know the correct OS specific path.

So Estuary as the bundled skin is under special://xbmc then addons from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing Media dialogue when it starts playing.0