Solved Problem with "old fashioned" card STV090x / nGene driver (eg DD Cine S2 V5) SOLVED
To whom it may concern ... I guess there are not so many kodificionados still using a card that requires the nGene drivers but if you do this might be relevant for you:

I had the problem that almost everything worked fine with my setup, but watching a currently running recording and skipping forward and backward in it was a real PITA. It took veeeeerry long until the skipping was executed and this had a major impact on KODIs WAF and CAF (children acceptance factor). Very surprisingly skipping forward and backwards while timeshifting was no problem. It only affected skipping in recordings that were currenty running. So I did a lot of googling and duckduckgoing but could not find any other user that seemed to have the same problem and I was quite desperate because I previously switched from Mediaportal to Linux/TVHeadend/Kodi and was very convinced that the switch would lead to a much better experience (e.g. in terms of stability, user experience, supported platforms and so on) which it did, but not in this special case, which was very important for us because we often record something and start watching it while it is still recording.

To cut a long story short: I switched the demuxer in TVHeadend from built-in to av-lib which should not have any effect at all according to all information I could find on the internet ... but - for me it did have an effect and made skipping in currently running recordings as smooth as skipping in timeshift.

How did I do this: I created a Stream Profile in TVHeadend called "passthru-ffmpeg" that is setup like this:
And I use this Stream Profile for my recordings in my default recording profile (I only have the default profile):

That's it. And WAF and CAF are higher than they were in MediaPortal :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with "old fashioned" card STV090x / nGene driver (eg DD Cine S2 V5) SOLVED0