automatic generator subtitles with speech recognition
Hi guys,

there is a python script which create subs with speech recognition from Google API, is there any addon for kodi like this? or can we make addon from that python script

this is url of python script:https://github.com/agermanidis/autosub

its working when i download file and use script, so i need to wait 10 to 20 minutes for subtitles...but can we make it that we get subs while we watching video file...

any suggestion for addon like this or any developer who can make something like this would be helpful

thanks guys(and girls)
edit: delete post

if it is like youtube speech recognition and translation at the moment, it is not very good.

but for english is ok... why not use traditional subtitles, for english theres subtitles for almost everything.
Current setup: SONY XG8096
Previous setup: Mecool KM9 PRO - Kodi Leia 18.5 | xiaomi mibox 3 - kodi Leia 18.3 | MXIII - Some Kodi version - LibreELEC | Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 - Pipplware - LibreELEC
well you would suprise how many tv shows and movies which is not popular doesnt have english subtitles....i make them myself with pyhton script and its pretty accurate, but only problem is that i have to download movie or tv show...it would be really good if that can work on online movies,tvshows in kodi
(2020-01-12, 13:07)djdado16 Wrote: well you would suprise how many tv shows and movies which is not popular doesnt have english subtitles....i make them myself with pyhton script and its pretty accurate, but only problem is that i have to download movie or tv show...it would be really good if that can work on online movies,tvshows in kodi

Can I say, being deaf myself, that anyone who can come up with a KODI Addon that takes a stab at live subtitling "on the go" would be amazing help for me, it would be incredibly valuable!
I don't know why compulsory subtitling has not been made mandatory under the disability discrimination act.
So many DVDs and Blue-rays (especially from ITV) do not have English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing and most of the minor channels on Freeview don't either, such as the Horror Channel.

When Siri & Google can produce text on the fly on my phone, can someone please come up with a live sub-titler for the audio output on Kodi - please :-)
It is something I would pay for.
Picking this thread back up now that open source AI transcription services are now available. Someone please make a Kodi add-on that implements Whisper for automatic subtitle generation in any supported language: https://github.com/openai/whisper

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
automatic generator subtitles with speech recognition0