v18 PVR update from github???
Hi all!
I have a question, which is probably easy to answer, but right now its really frustrating.
Suddenly my teleboy-pvr stopped working, although it loads and I can see all the channels with their live programs, But cant play anything.. Initially I realised this on my raspberry and thought it is was somehow related to the raspberry...But then I figured out that all my platforms where I had the kodi and the teleboy had the same issue. So far its on Xbox with kodi 18.3, Macbook pro with Kodi 18.? and Raspbian Stretch 9 with kodi 18.2.
Checked on Github and turns out there was actually just yesterday a newer version for the PVR (https://github.com/rbuehlma/pvr.teleboy/releases). But when I am trying to update it from within the kodi, it tells that its up to date,eventhough my version is 18.0.25.

So my question is how can I update the already existing PVR to the newest using the github material? 
I tried to download the zip file and "install from zip"...but nothing happened....
thanks for you time!!
PVR addons are binary addons which have to be compiled for the target plattform before. This requires a build setup and you cannot install them like a regular addon.

Please update the addon from the addon browser directly in Kodi. There is a newer one as 18.0.25 available in the Kodi repository.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2019-12-17, 07:27)sualfred Wrote: PVR addons are binary addons which have to be compiled for the target plattform before. This requires a build setup and you cannot install them like a regular addon.

Please update the addon from the addon browser directly in Kodi. There is a newer one as 18.0.25 available in the Kodi repository.

Thank you Sualfred for the reply. In the meantime I updated from Stretch to Buster in order to get Newer version of Kodi. I did this because when I used a 18.5 version of kodi on my macbook pro I could easily install the newest version of pvr-teleboy and it worked fine.

*EDIT: By the way on the mbp kodi18.5 i get by default the pvr 18.1.6 which is the latest...

BUT...for raspberry it didnt. By default with Buster one get now Leia 18.4 and there I still have the problem. 

@sualfred I can not update the pvr from the browser inside kodi, because when I find the pvr and select update it tells me that I alraedy run the up-to-date version, which obviously is not the case.
For Linux the PVR addons are delivered by the distro's package manager and it's up to the distro maintainers to provide the packages, see https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...i#Raspbian
Hi

I've got exactly the same issue at my end running LibreELEC 9.2.0.
If I update my teleboy pvr client within the addon settings I get the version 18.0.25.1 which isn't working.

So is there any way to force an update to the newest version available on github?

Thank you for your help.
(2019-12-20, 17:22).Erich Wrote: Hi

I've got exactly the same issue at my end running LibreELEC 9.2.0.
If I update my teleboy pvr client within the addon settings I get the version 18.0.25.1 which isn't working.

So is there any way to force an update to the newest version available on github?

Thank you for your help.
I found the hard way that there is no way...(Check the teleboy github latest issue) I gave up. I even tried Ubuntu mate for raspberry....there i have other related (known) problems with kodi-x11 dependencies... The guy who usually updates the kodi for raspbian said will do it after Christmas/Newyears! So nothing can do till then...
I couldnt wait. I managed to compile it myself! its not so difficult after all. Just follow the instructions : https://github.com/rbuehlma/pvr.teleboy/.../README.md
Of course this is to be done on the raspberry.
Ok. Could you may help me to compile it for LibreELEC?

I tried to run the commands via SSH on LibreELEC without success.
Just says: -sh: git: not found

Any help is warmly welcome.
Compiling for LibreElec is way more difficult. LibreElec bundles the binary addons with the release. You need to wait for the next LibreElec release I’m afraid.

Or if you run a raspberry pi or intel device use a Matrix testbuild:

Rpi: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343068

Intel x86: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343069
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Thanks for the information.

Installed the newest testbuild (#1228) for LibreELEC but have the same issue with the teleboy pvr client.
Anyway... I wait for the next release. Thank you for your time...
Maybe post this in the pvr.teleboy forum.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR update from github???0