Resource for movie themes? (Background audio.)
So there is support in Kodi, through the use of addons such as TvTunes, for the playback of audio on a per-movie basis, by naming said audio theme.ext.  TvTunes will also supposedly attempt to play the audio of a trailer if one is present, although I haven't had an opportunity to test that because: Trailers are playing in the background by default, evidently overriding TvTunes altogether.  (Incidentally, if anyone knows how to prevent Kodi from briefly bringing up the hourglass and darkening the screen whenever it first tries playing a trailer, that'd be great.  Or else please let me know what setting prevents the playback of trailers.)

In any event, scrapers.  I've tried half a dozen of them so far, and the only one of them which even tries to scrape theme music—Ember Media Manager—lists only TelevisionTunes as a resource, and, perhaps to nobody's surprise, there are no matches to be had from said resource when it comes to movies.

Movies is what I got.  I've seen one or two people mention already having scraped together themes for every movie in their collection.  I'm hoping somebody knows where I should be looking for that sort of resource.  I do understand that since no scraper (so far as I know) is able to grab the data on its own, I'll probably have to grab them myself, one by one by one.  I'm okay with that.  There have been a few instances where I've had to baby this system to get things in a state where I like it; one more won't bother me.
Most themes are under copyright so that is the reason themes are not scraped and can be difficult to source. Unfortunately, we would not allow such a resource in Official Kodi.

You can use Audacity and rip the theme straight from the video file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-17, 10:04)Karellen Wrote: Most themes are under copyright so that is the reason themes are not scraped and can be difficult to source. Unfortunately, we would not allow such a resource in Official Kodi.
Fair enough.  Though it's beyond question that there are plenty of public domain options—old movies and the like—and I was more or less counting on there being a database of said from which I could at least fill in some blanks.  Going by my own efforts to find anything at all, I can't help but doubt that there is any resource for themes in any shape whatsoever.  Which does beg the question of how the few people who have expressed concern over this facet of the experience have seemingly already completed their libraries of said.
A good portion of my library has themes, and not a single theme was sourced online. Did you look at the Audacity software?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Emby server has a plugin that will download theme videos and another that downloads trailers. These are both completely compatible with tv tunes. I believe you will need to pay for emby premier though and use the emby for Kodi addon. There is an option in tv tunes to disable playing trailers. I hope that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resource for movie themes? (Background audio.)0