Installing FLAC decoder. Audio decorders section is absent.
Hi everyone!

Running Kodi 18 on Raspberry. Trying to install FLAC Audio decoder.

According to kodi wiki, I go to:

1. The home screen
2. Add-ons
3. Download
4. Audio encoders
5. Flac Audio Encoder
6. Install

But after step 3, there is no "Audio decoders" section. Its just not present.
The rest is there (Game addons, Look and feel, Lyrics, Music addons, Picture addons, etc etc).

How can I fix this?
Thanks!

PS: I would have attached a screenshot, but there's no such option here.
Are you certain it's not already installed?  I've never seen someone need to install this for flac playback on a Pi.
You seem to be following instructions to install a flac encoder (a very niche use of kodi, I think limited to ripping and re-encoding tracks from a physical CD drive).
You want a flac decoder, which is part of ffmpeg used in kodi.

What exactly is the problem?
(2019-12-17, 20:17)EasternDigital Wrote: Hi everyone!

Running Kodi 18 on Raspberry. Trying to install FLAC Audio decoder.

There is no need to separately install a FLAC audio decoder - that core functionality is built into Kodi (just as MP3, MP2, AAC, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby True HD, DTS HD MA/HRA and a whole host of other audio decoders are).

I play files with FLAC 2.0 and 5.1 audio all the time on a stock LibreElec install without installing anything else. They are replayed in PCM 2.0 or 5.1 (as you can't bitstream FLAC over HDMI), though in some situations I've configured Kodi to re-encode as DD 5.1 (for situations where I can't handle 5.1 PCM).

Your original post looks to be related to installing a FLAC ENCODER (to create FLAC files) rather than a decoder (to playback existing FLAC content) which is built in?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing FLAC decoder. Audio decorders section is absent.0