How do you turn Kodi Off?
This may sound silly, but how do you turn it off? I've clicked on the power button down on the left hand side at the bottom and it closes down, then immediately powers up again.
I just go alt and f4 and close it down that way. At night time though I have a shut down timer that shuts the computer down at 1am every night.
(2019-12-18, 21:42)Sutton Rider Wrote: This may sound silly, but how do you turn it off? I've clicked on the power button down on the left hand side at the bottom

Turn off what device? Does it have a name, brand, serial number?
Pull the Plug
It would depend on the OS you are using. In my case I have a simple script on Ubuntu that I call.
Code:
kodi-send --action "PlayerControl(stop)" > /dev/null
kodi-send --action "Notification(${1} will happen in 35 seconds, get ready)" > /dev/null
sleep 5
for seconds in 30 20 10 ; do
  kodi-send --action  "Notification(kodi ${1} in ${seconds} seconds, get ready)" > /dev/null
  sleep 10
done
kodi-send --action "${1}" > /dev/null
exit 0

This is called with either powerdown or reboot as needed. My kodi machines are all stopped and pxewake via crontab on the main server. Depending on which location in the house they also turn on and off at various times, off while at work or after 11pm and so forth. They come back on at 6 am usually. On Ubuntu the required package for kodi-send is kodi-eventclients-kodi-send.
The way to do this is from the main KODI menu ribbon, scroll along the menu ribbon to the option 'EXIT KODI' and select QUIT below. It may take a minute, but this will shut down KODI safely. Pressing the red power button on the remote to switch off the whole box whilst within KODI.

Regards,
Lewis
(2020-01-10, 16:52)Lewis-H Wrote: The way to do this is from the main KODI menu ribbon, scroll along the menu ribbon to the option 'EXIT KODI' and select QUIT below. It may take a minute, but this will shut down KODI safely. Pressing the red power button on the remote to switch off the whole box whilst within KODI.

Regards,
Lewis

@Lewis-H - your signature content is unrelated to Kodi and has been deemed spam so has been removed.

Please consider this a warning on such matters or else your privs will be removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I don't. I lost my remote, so I've been watching the same three episodes of "A Nero Wolf Mystery" for the past two years.

Send help.
(2020-02-03, 19:24)Gorbulan Wrote: I don't. I lost my remote, so I've been watching the same three episodes of "A Nero Wolf Mystery" for the past two years.

Send help.
Could be worse. Could be "The Nanny".
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
@Lewis-H and as you restored your spam-link signature when you were explicitly told above not to do so, your signature privs have been revoked and it has been removed again.

Any similar action in the future will result in your account being banned. Consider this a second and final warning.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you turn Kodi Off?0