My Basement Home Theater
So this is my basement home theater that I set up when we moved back from overseas.  Its a bit dated now in the hardware department, but I plan to do some upgrades. 

Since I originally installed this, I updated the house with a lot of home automation, including Hue bulbs in the Front of House light bar, and some barn doors installed on the instruments to keep light overspray on the screen.  The Hue bulbs work great with my upstairs Kodi install, but are extremely buggy when I try to use cinema experience in the theater. Admittedly, I do not have the latest Kodi install on the laptop.

The gear:
Elite Screen 120 inch
1080p projector 3D
Yamaha 7.1 receiver with 1080p pass through
PS3
Toshiba laptop running XBMC, Kodi was buggy for me.
Bose speakers all around with 3 bose subs (AM-7 front and 2 AM-5s for side surround and back surround)
JL 12" LFE sub
18 TB media server running FREENAS

@wbread99

We'd like to actually see the photos, but google somehow cannot find them for me.

Simply use the i-button in the forum editor to magically upload your photo(s) to imgur.com and you'll see a URL in return.
(2019-12-21, 08:18)Klojum Wrote: @wbread99

We'd like to actually see the photos, but google somehow cannot find them for me.

Simply use the i-button in the forum editor to magically upload your photo(s) to imgur.com and you'll see a URL in return.
Sorry!  Fixed.
Looks fantastic, love a dedicated room!
Do the curtains actually work? I do like the placement of the track lighting, very theatrical.
The old gramophone is a nice touch Smile
That does it....!!! Looking at my setup right now, and I am now in desperate need of curtains fo my screen!!! @PatK agreed it does look theatrical, I'm hoping to get my bedroom in to a multi-functional room - and the idea of the curtains would indeed look great!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
No, unfortunately, the curtains are static.  I've thought about opening curtains and powered screens, and the projector can already be triggered remotely, but I don't need all that.  The FOH lights are American DJ par 16s with Phillips Hue bulbs in them. They are great because you have an infinite range of color schemes you can make.  I installed barn doors on them to control light wash across the screen when movies are playing.  I've had so much fun with them that I put some more in my kitchen area too.

As for upgrades, I just purchased line array that I'd like to hang off the ceiling bar (if I can). I love how much more spacious the sound field is with them.  If I can't, I can use them for my outdoor theater set up I'm building.

more
ImageImage
Kichen
ImageImage
Line Array
ImageImage
Love it. I'm entirely to lazy. We had debated finishing our garage at one point and doing something like this. Current world conditions put that to a stopper though. Our goal originally was to have "movie night" with friends every week or something here at the house.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Basement Home Theater0