• 1(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
This thread is for GENERAL DISCUSSION only.

Support thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35028

Bug report thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35029

DOWNLOAD: Aeon ALPHA14 (July 29th 2008)

SITE: www.aeonproject.com

That last backdrop pack that everyone keeps asking about: http://www.mediafire.com/?fmlzzmuy0yx

Quote:The Alpha13b update has introduced the ability to choose icon sets on a globally-applied basis. To begin with, two icon sets are available. It's important to note that this is not a feature wholly supported by XBMC, and there are certain "hard-coded" icons that can't be changed. For that reason, you'll notice certain inconsistencies in which icons are used when browsing windows such as the Music Library (though not files) and system screens like the file browser. The icons also only cover the basic media types like Movies, Music and TV. This is very early and experimental feature - please be patient.

Quote:Notes for ALPHA13a:

- transitions to and from the Home page have been tweaked considerably
- dodgy "I" in Acens font has been corrected
- Settings menus rearranged following the removal of View Types. All View Type customisation is now handled via the menu option (either the media pane menu or the shutdown menu) in each window
- Cast info added to Movie Info screen (however, you can't cross-reference actors by clicking on them yet)
- Wall info defaults to off
- tweaks to Showcase views (episode view is a little cramped at the moment - will correct for next version)
- yet another new font and various associated tweaks

Quote:Things to note:

- the Core panels for Aeon System and XBMC System, together with the Viewing Habits tab, are entirely placeholder. I don't want bug reports.
- Wall view info is very temperamental at the moment. The options to turn it off (which I'd recommend, tbh) are on the menus for Pictures and Videos. I'll soon be culling lots of Aeon Settings menu options as they're moved out to the relevant screens. View types will be first.
- there's a new compatibility mode for Asus eeePCs
- Xbox mode has been extended to a much wider range of textures
- stuff got fixed

You need to reset your Aeon settings for this one. Don't come crying if you keep them and end up with memory problems.

Quote:This Alpha12 version of Aeon has changed radically, throwing away the old sliding panels for the sake of a more traditional system of context menus and dialogs. Many dialogs have been completely redesigned, while the new button menu means you can access many settings and customisation options from anywhere in the Aeon environment. Furthermore, the streamlining of textures means the skin's footprint has shrunk, removing the previous need for MacOSX compatibility mode. Glitches and bugs, however, are inevitable given the circumstances. See below for some known issues.

Xbox users must ensure they're running the latest T3CH build to enjoy this latest version, and should then ensure the new Xbox mode (available via the Aeon->Features menu) is enabled; 1080p textures and seven year old consoles don't play well together. For that reason, any backdrops from the Aeon website should be resized to 720p or lower to avoid out-of-memory issues.

Here are some known issues with this build:

- Button menu (aka Shutdown menu) may refuse to open after a while.
The cause of this is unknown: it could be skin or XBMC-related
- Several animation/timing glitches in Showcase and Episode views
- Music/Music Video info needs attention
- Some dialogs remain unskinned (but are usable)
- File Manager is unusable
- Music OSD is a bit messed up
- Music Visualisation settings are unusable
- Plenty of minor glitches scattered here and there
- View types option does nothing on windows to which it
doesn't apply
The new context menus friggin' rock! Overall usability of the skin just increased significantly...

I know the Music section is still on the to-do list somewhere, but I'm curious if you have any breadcrumbs to drop us regarding your plans for this section?
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
I've added the update to the XBMC-favorites Installer plugin.
You are a true artist. Your skin is shaking the HTPC world (not only for XBMC, as you probably know).

I could replace the standard version with a version that has backdrops preconfigured and installed on the google code page. I doubt that google will complain about bandwidth usage Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
is there a mirror its all hosed down!! =(
The download link is working fine for me! But you could also install the XBMC Favorites installer plugin (XBOX or Linux).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
if there's a need for a mirror, there's one here Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/?3zulc0fhcg3

hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers
One little thing that's missing and you may not know this (I didn't until recently) but when setting content for 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' both imdb and tvdb have their own 'Settings' menu accessed by an extra 'Settings' button which is not on AEON's menu.
looks nice, cant wait to get the frozen VGA box and an official MS remote.

I hear RAM is an issue, which systems tend to have more, earlier or later ones?
Hitcher Wrote:One little thing that's missing and you may not know this (I didn't until recently) but when setting content for 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' both imdb and tvdb have their own 'Settings' menu accessed by an extra 'Settings' button which is not on AEON's menu.

Ohhh, rly? I'd better put that in then.
How can I make the filemanager work? Can I just throw over a few files from an older build?
Posting your support enquiry in a thread that isn't titled: "...no bugs reports or support enquiries" would be a good start.

("With difficulty" is the answer, btw. Without the necessary textures, the code you dropped in from elsewhere would display little more than scattered text on a black background. The file manager is coming very soon, though.)
Great Update DJH... new context menus are beautiful and I'm sure the new file manager will look very similar, which will be great... totally loving it duncan...

any backdrop updates expected this week? i've already got the tombraider and gears of war 2 ones (i couldn't wait... LOL!)... keep the updates coming... good to see ur finishing the basic stuff so AEON can become super usable like it used to be... then, bring on the BLING!!!! although... i think the simple context menus and list views look suberbly brilliant...

KEEP IT UP... it's almost there!
Really a fantastic update to an already incredible skin. Just testing it out on OS X (not really to use as a media center, but rather just to test out the skin), I dig the new default backdrop. And the new context menus are beautiful. Thanks for the hard work.
awesome work, love the update. thank you!!
Backpack returns. Tonight.

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6