• 8(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
Background folders fix by jmarshall confirmed fixed at svn 14500.
Sweet! hopefully this one will make its way to the PPA (for us idiots)
Thumbs Up 
I see a lot of places in Aeon to add my own icon or thumbnail, but I can't see where to put them. Do I drop them somewhere in Aeon?

Equusz
djh_ Wrote:You can use either BMP or TIFF for Linux. Not sure about any XBMC issues with displaying them, though I haven't updated for about a week.

When I used .tif images I could not see them in the filebrowser (when trying to set a specific background image for e.g Movies).
However, .jpg and .bmp files are shown. Does it really support TIFF images?
Well I'm pretty sure you now what you are talking about, wasn't questioning that. Just that it would seem TIFF files aren't supported, since they aren't visible in the filebrowser Smile
Never mind, it works now in any case with the new SVN.
just wondering about movie fanart
is there a special place to download it or is it using the 1080p backdrops for movies we have all been getting just renamed to movie-fanart.jpg for that particular film and placed in the movies folder?
phunqe Wrote:When I used .tif images I could not see them in the filebrowser (when trying to set a specific background image for e.g Movies).
However, .jpg and .bmp files are shown. Does it really support TIFF images?

Only in Linux.
Hi I am using AEON (v. 13c) with a MacBook and an external usb harddisk.
AEON is working fine, but it`s crashing every time I try to switch to library-view.
Could someone help me with my problem?

thx in advance Smile
bugme Wrote:Hi I am using AEON (v. 13c) with a MacBook and an external usb harddisk.
AEON is working fine, but it`s crashing every time I try to switch to library-view.
Could someone help me with my problem?

thx in advance Smile

that's a peculiar username you got there. I think I'm gonna have to remove it as I suspect it's non personal
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Anyone know how to map the new MAIN SCREEN AEON CONTEXT MENU to a particular xbox remote buttonHuh? I've tried, but I can't get it to work...

Help appreciated!?!?!?! Wink
xb2iris Wrote:Anyone know how to map the new MAIN SCREEN AEON CONTEXT MENU to a particular xbox remote buttonHuh? I've tried, but I can't get it to work...

Help appreciated!?!?!?! Wink

I think this should work.

Open the 'keymap.xml' (found in the Userdata folder) in notepad and add this to the Remote section -

<one>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</one>

Now when you press '1' on the remote it should open the Shutdown menu. Replace '1' with another number if you so wish but not '3', '6' or '9'.
I totally love this skin!!!

So much so, i'm thinking of dropping vista media center all together for it EXCEPT FOR ONE THING:

Stability.

I'm running latest version of XBMC with Aeon on Vista Ultimate 3.8ghz | 4gb ram...but it crashes like crazy. I updated my graphic card drivers last night to see if it would help...but not so much diff.

Can someone shed some light on this? Which version is more stable?
Vista/OS X

Is the PC build of XBMC that unstable or is it a conflict on my system? or is it the skin?

I can run it for a while but as I navigate around it inevitably crashes after about 10/15 mins. Sad

Any tips/suggestions?
Without making the obvious "this is about XBMC, not Aeon" comment, I'd say it's unusual to be getting idle crashes on any platform. I run XBMC on Windows XP when developing and it seems pretty rugged, though there are certain triggers that make it crash. My HTPC runs it on Ubuntu Linux, initially with Gutsy but now Hardy, and while it does seem to be getting more crash-happy rather than less, it's totally stable when idling.

I'd give serious thought to tweaking your RAM timings and system voltages, and maybe doing a thorough driver/BIOS update. And if it's an Nvidia card you're using, remember the fucking mess they've made of their Vista drivers from day one; maybe downgrade to XP?
Thanks for the tips!

I am indeed running an Nvidia card right now...maybe I'll switch to my old ATI card and give it a shot.

It did seem suspect for it to crash so often. Mind you it never crashed while idle...only when navigating through XBMC..but nothing intense.

My box is pretty beefy and I run 1080p content quite fast and smoothly, so it's some kind of conflict between the card/vista and XBMC I think.

Will report back with my findings.

Thanks.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0