• 13(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
RenZ0R Wrote:Is there a guide on using ifranview for correcting the images for a 720p display, I had a quick go with the batch command, and it left the images being a much larger filesize, 720p, but blocky as hell :|

This is what I do:
File->batch Conversion / Rename
Add all (if you want all in the folder of course)
Output Format: BMP
Check "Use advanced options", then enter Advanced
Check resize if not checked
use Set Short side to: 720px, and check "Preserve aspect ratio"
Use no other settings here, click OK.
Define output dir, then Start batch.
Results looks wonderful on my 42"
being that i ajust my includes.xml, fullscreenviews.xml and thumbtypes.xml, is there another xml needed to bring fanart loading 1500ms sooner or is it atomatic based on these xml delays?
djh_ Wrote:That's not an issue I've experienced. In terms of skin xml and how it interacts with the engine, it's actually impossible for a piece of fanart to remain visible when the listitem loses focus, because the listitem.fanart object ceases to exist. Eek

Is it possible that XBMC is caching the next/previous fanarts for speed, and that when listitem.fanart is removed, there's a split second where whatever else is cached is being shown? I've seen this myself, so I know it's not just their machines.
Quote:One question though... why does the next/previous listitem's fanart display for a millisecond after i move away from that listitem... isn't fanart only supposed to load when "movie info" is displayed? besides that... I think I'm a bit more happy it's working a little bit better now, so i'm happiesh!

Which is it? Is it the next or the previous one that you see when you move onto the next item for a split second?

I'm assuming its the old (previous) one and this makes sense. Xbmc's roots are the Xbox, so it runs in a huge loop. The info items won't update until the next iteration of the loop.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sad 
Hi everyone,

First i have to say that i am sorry because i don't speak really good english.

I just install the Aeon skin and i have to say that it's very cool, you did a great job. There is a lot of skin available but it's the first one who make me feel like change the original XBMC skin.

I have a little probleme (mmm if we can say problem). On my background i have my wallpaper and it change often but between 2 screen i have always a big black screen (no wallpaper) during maybe 10 sec and after 10 sec a new one is coming. i wanted to know if my wallpaper could change immediately (without black screen between 2 wallpaper) ? And if yes, how ?

I'm sorry if someone already ask this and that an answer have been give, but it's very difficult for me to search, read and understand.

Thank you very much (and again sorry for my english) Smile
digitalhigh Wrote:Is it possible that XBMC is caching the next/previous fanarts for speed, and that when listitem.fanart is removed, there's a split second where whatever else is cached is being shown? I've seen this myself, so I know it's not just their machines.

sweet... i'm not the only one... it's like that scene on fight club where brad pit puts a single frame of a d%^k on the cinema screen... it's not an issue, but a tad of a nuisance... but luckily, i'm not the only one getting that speck... tell me u see the faeries in the woods as well Shocked
Those of you on xbox, are you able to add fanart and also have the films play?
I'm just crashing out on low memory tonight all the time
chrisdaniels Wrote:Those of you on xbox, are you able to add fanart and also have the films play?

haven't actually tried to watch a movie when fanart is enabled... i'll give it a go in a few and let you know!
just checked it... it works... what resolution are ur backdrops/fanart/posters? memory needs to be cleared up for movies to play!
Quick question guys, where are you getting your fanart for movies?
Bahndit Wrote:Quick question guys, where are you getting your fanart for movies?

lots of backdrops on here... check around in this forum... older threads though, so they'll be on page 2 or so...

also, google image search has lots of wallpapers too... go give it a lookie!
Have a quick question.When I try to switch to library mode in videos it said no scanned files.Is there a thread on working the library mode?
chrisdaniels Wrote:Those of you on xbox, are you able to add fanart and also have the films play?

This will help... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35387 and yes.. before this mod.. i was able to get fan art working and view films
Hi,

Anyone got a problem with the episode thumbs? I can see them but when I go to them the thumb blanks out and stays blank when brings up the episode details. This is on a 1.6 Xbox. Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks.
dancemonkey Wrote:Hi,

Anyone got a problem with the episode thumbs? I can see them but when I go to them the thumb blanks out and stays blank when brings up the episode details. This is on a 1.6 Xbox. Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks.

Reset AEON via the AEON options.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0