• 2(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread
Hey! The new build looks good! I noticed one bug that I figured I should mention. In the previous builds, when in Movies (Library mode), hitting the Info button would (obviously) bring up the info screen. If the IMDb had it available, you could scroll to the right and select Trailer and it would stream the trailer. Low res, but pretty cool. That's gone now.

Also, I mentioned this back in the big thread, but it probably got lost in the shuffle. It's a minor bug, but it's still doing it:

In the Aeon option screen, the second option tab, Home Shortcuts, has two columns. In the second column (the one that starts Set Clips Show Target), when you scroll all the way to the bottom, instead of returning to the top, it throws you over to the fourth tab Features.

Thanks, by the way, for adding the shutdown menu. I use a Monster (Harmony-based) remote with my Xbox, so I can program in the button sequence to shut down the Xbox when I switch to a different activity. It's nice to not have to do this manually anymore! Damn, I'm lazy...
I have just tried the new aeon alpha 12 and i think its a great skin. The only problem i had with it (besides those already mentioned in the thread) is that i have not been able to change between watched/unwatched episodes and movies in the video library mode.
You can refer to the start of this thread for an updated list of bugs/fixes.
djh_ Wrote:You can refer to the start of this thread for an updated list of bugs/fixes.

Rock; no more scanning 20 pages trying to figure out if someone reported something :-)

One request: can you put the version found/version fixed for each bug? I can see people all the more confused as the list grows...
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
djh_ Wrote:I think I know what your problem is. Did you upgrade the skin while the old OSX compatibility mode was on? If so, it's trying to draw textures that aren't there. The option to turn it off isn't in the skin anymore, so do a full reset and it should be fine.

that worked great! Thanks!
zeuss-axis Wrote:Rock; no more scanning 20 pages trying to figure out if someone reported something :-)

One request: can you put the version found/version fixed for each bug? I can see people all the more confused as the list grows...

It only refers to bugs present in the current public version.
Just wanted to say, even though sd is not this skin's intended audience, it works quite well Smile

Used infranview to resize all my backdrops to 720x480 (cropped to 1.5:1 to match my tv) and it looks beautiful (as beautiful as sd can anyhow) and is extremely snappy, even on the xbox.

The only real problem I've noticed is the control bar at the top of the files views has the text controls overlapped. Aside from that there's distorted thumbs for tv shows.

Congrats!
Using the brand-new release (c, I think) on an xbox, and I can't get anything to show up in the queue...period. It lists items as being there, and they show up in PMIII, but when I switch to Aeon, they don't display.

Also...the highlighting on the text in, say, the options menus is a bit difficult to see on darker screens. I never quite know if I'm highlighting OK or Cancel.
using the newest release 12a on a mac, but also present in the older builds, it's not a big issue... but when you have the menu bar lowered and then click to go to any of the directories, the menu bar flashes in the middle of the screen during the transition into the selected directory.
I'm using the newest AEON with Plex (OSXBMC) and when I try to change the fanart of a tv-show the app crashes.
This didn\t happen before with the old scrolling info screen (where you can choose Get Fanart)

It crashes when I select the fanart I want and press ENTER
also, the fan-art doesn't change when I see the list of seasons' only when I go into a season (see the episodes)

and how can I set a thumb for the "* all seasons" (in list view)?
In the Windows build, the fanart change does take about a minute to return control to you. It doesn't crash, however, so I'm thinking this is a Plex issue. I'm reluctant to offer support to Plex and Windows XBMC, tbh, simply because of their status as "unofficial". I can recall chasing about a dozen crippling bugs that were specific to those versions and nothing skin-related at all.
hello,

from the beginning i really liked the skin but i found it not usable yet. At this moment (since v 11) i'm running it permantly and loving it.

Ofcourse there are a couple of things still needed to be fixed but you're working on that i noticed and progress i going very fast.

Still i have two suggestions/bugs or whatever:

1. CodecInfo is not avaidable yet (Pres i during playback), i really like this option in the PMIII skin and I sometimes even switch back just to check this. As i see it just 'copy' it from PMIII is suffient for now and it does fit with the layout.

2. The 2nd thing I still have to switch back for it Apple Movie Trailers script. This script won't run, XBMC doesn't crash though. Just nothing. I know this is maybe not very important at this moment but in my opinion that script rocks. Maybe support (with aeon skin) in the future is possible? :p

Thanks for the hard work!
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
djh_ Wrote:In the Windows build, the fanart change does take about a minute to return control to you. It doesn't crash, however, so I'm thinking this is a Plex issue. I'm reluctant to offer support to Plex and Windows XBMC, tbh, simply because of their status as "unofficial". I can recall chasing about a dozen crippling bugs that were specific to those versions and nothing skin-related at all.

I can indeed confirm that 'plex' crashes in aeon while trying to change fanart for a tv show. However, Pm3 does not crash.

Quote: also, the fan-art doesn't change when I see the list of seasons' only when I go into a season (see the episodes)

and how can I set a thumb for the "* all seasons" (in list view)?

You should make sure tht your in showcase view at the seasons level and it should work.
Razor_109 Wrote:2. The 2nd thing I still have to switch back for it Apple Movie Trailers script. This script won't run, XBMC doesn't crash though. Just nothing. I know this is maybe not very important at this moment but in my opinion that script rocks. Maybe support (with aeon skin) in the future is possible? :p

Thanks for the hard work!

Make a folder inside Apple Movie trailer/skin/default and call it 720p then copy all the info from Apple Move Trailers/skin/defalt/PAL16x9 into the new folder. It *should* work but it might look a little funky unless you want to manually edit the xml files to make the dimensions right.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread0