XBOX 4K UHD not playing or not showing Video on Samsung RU7400
Santa dropped off a Samsung UHD 4k TV early and I've been trying to turn our XBox 1S into a Kodi client because the old i3-6600u NUC struggles to stream this content.

Managed to setup the Kodi client, enable SMB and use the SQL Database, all good.  1080p content all good.

With UHD 4K, maybe HDR, I have some files that play ok, others that play audio but the video doesn't move from the kodi menu, and some that crash the Kodi client.  Before I wrestle the remote away from the kids to find log files, I was wondering if anyone could give a quick pointer on what/how to play 4k formats.

i.e. the Samsung TV doesn't support Dolby Vision but the Xbox can.  The Samsung has HDR10+.  Dolby Atmos files will work on the Xbox but not supported on the TV or Samsung Soundbar.

I'm trying to figure out what format/encoding files I can play.  Does the capability of the Xbox take precedence or is it what the TV can handle? Using Dolby Vision as an example, can the Xbox play a Dolby Vision encoded file on a Samsung Tv in glorious HDR 4K?  Or will it fail?

Thanks in Advance for what is undoubtedly a very basic and silly question.
(2019-12-23, 03:19)dalben Wrote: Santa dropped off a Samsung UHD 4k TV early and I've been trying to turn our XBox 1S into a Kodi client because the old i3-6600u NUC struggles to stream this content.

Managed to setup the Kodi client, enable SMB and use the SQL Database, all good.  1080p content all good.

With UHD 4K, maybe HDR, I have some files that play ok, others that play audio but the video doesn't move from the kodi menu, and some that crash the Kodi client.  Before I wrestle the remote away from the kids to find log files, I was wondering if anyone could give a quick pointer on what/how to play 4k formats.

i.e. the Samsung TV doesn't support Dolby Vision but the Xbox can.  The Samsung has HDR10+.  Dolby Atmos files will work on the Xbox but not supported on the TV or Samsung Soundbar.

I'm trying to figure out what format/encoding files I can play.  Does the capability of the Xbox take precedence or is it what the TV can handle? Using Dolby Vision as an example, can the Xbox play a Dolby Vision encoded file on a Samsung Tv in glorious HDR 4K?  Or will it fail?

Thanks in Advance for what is undoubtedly a very basic and silly question.

Have the exact same issue.
My threads here from a few weeks ago.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...on=newpost

So far no word since I posted my full log file. From my experience seems to stem from the file encoding aspect ratio. True 4k ratio of 2160 doesn't play and crashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K UHD not playing or not showing Video on Samsung RU74000