No network access with XBMC WinXP?
Question 
Hi everybody! This is my first post here.

I've been modding Xboxes for a couple of years now and just found the windows version of XBMC which is AWESOME but I'm having some trouble accessing the network.

My HTPC is connected directly to my other computer via crossover cable. Now within windows I can access that computer and its files. But within XBMC I cant get access to anything thru the network. I tried multiple ways SMB share, Upnp server, with no results.

Previously I had my Xbox setup to access the network in the same way and had no problems.

I couldn't find any Win specific networking instructions in the wiki.

I know I'm not doing something right which is frustrating because this should be easy. Can anyone help? Smile
Map the network drive from windows to for exampel m: and then use the mapped drive from XBMC
The network settings in XBMC do nothing atm. Make sure your network works under windows and so should XBMC.
The network protocols under "add source" should work even though smb may a little bit bumby due to the old client. If you need them you can do as mace recommended.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try.
It worked, kinda.

I mapped two network drives, one to my video folder and the other to my audio folder. After adding source I can now see all the files from my other computer.

Audio files play fine.

When I click on a video file XBMC instantly freezes. I can hear the audio from the file but there is no video and mouse movement is frozen.
OK, so I got a few video files will play but others will lock up XMBC.

How do I turn on debugging so I can send you guys some sort of report?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSett...oglevel.3E
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No network access with XBMC WinXP?0