Android FireTV Stick - Kodi v18.5 - "PVR Manager will be started .." for around 20-30 seconds
Hi guys, 

only on my FireTV stick (with latest Simple IPTV Client) I have the phenomenon, that the PVR Manager will be started for around 20 to 30 seconds. Running KODI on a Windows PC, the PVR Manager starts in 1-2 seconds. 
I have this "issue" on all 3 FireTV sticks. 

Is there anything which needs to be configured in addition to solve this? 

Thanks a lot and cheers,
risk
Can you supply a full debug log and we can see where it’s getting stuck?

Also note that a windows PC is considerably more powerful (think orders of magnitude) than a fire stick so if you have it doing a lot of work it will take much longer.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-12-24, 22:15)phunkyfish Wrote: Can you supply a full debug log and we can see where it’s getting stuck?

Also note that a windows PC is considerably more powerful (think orders of magnitude) than a fire stick so if you have it doing a lot of work it will take much longer.
Hi "phunkyfish"!

thanks a lot for replying. I think you are on the correct way here.

I did two tests with debugging mode activated:

1. Turn on TV (which includes FireTV Stick) and directly starting Kodi
The 4 virtual CPUs show for minutes a heavy utilization (all 4 cores around 100%). So the Stick itself is busy with itself for a specific amount of time, which negativly incluences also the overall Kodi performance.

2. Turn on TV (which includes FireTV Stick) - wait for 5 mins and then start Kodi
The 4 virtual CPUs are then not that much utilized and the PVR stuff is running more faster then.

So it seems, that the FireTV stick needs a bit of time, will 

Furthermore, I deactivated the "search for addon updates" to reduce the initial load on Kodi startup. 

As you corretly said, a Fire TV is not a PC. 

I think the answer is easy: Live with it, or use a shuttle PC Wink

Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas!

risk
From my experience using firestick versus PC and iMac , this phenomenon is simply a combination of a low powered device and a large channel list.
(2019-12-25, 13:05)ontap Wrote: From my experience using firestick versus PC and iMac , this phenomenon is simply a combination of a low powered device and a large channel list.

Agree!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV Stick - Kodi v18.5 - "PVR Manager will be started .." for around 20-30 seconds0