v18 Store resume point of DLNA clients
It would be great if watch a movie on Android DLNA client, stops and then continue from the same point on the Kodi player.

I think Wild Media Server (DLNA server) has some feature like this. I found too few information about how DLNA/uPnP server works on Kodi, if is integrated or a separated module.
UPnP/DLNA is not the most/best implemented feature on Kodi.
If you want to have reliable shared watched states & resume points, use a MySQL database. I've done that for 9 years now.
(2019-12-24, 19:54)Klojum Wrote: UPnP/DLNA is not the most/best implemented feature on Kodi.
If you want to have reliable shared watched states & resume points, use a MySQL database. I've done that for 9 years now.

UPnP/DLNA is not the most/best implemented feature on Kodi: Totally agree!  Big Grin

Will the MySQL database work even with other clients (like VLC)?
It is Kodi's database, so that you will have to ask the 'other clients'.
I don't know any of them that do use Kodi's database right now.
(2019-12-24, 19:48)tnt77 Wrote: It would be great if watch a movie on Android DLNA client, stops and then continue from the same point on the Kodi player.

I think Wild Media Server (DLNA server) has some feature like this. I found too few information about how DLNA/uPnP server works on Kodi, if is integrated or a separated module.
This functionality is fully supported with the Mezzmo DLNA server.  The bookmark position is maintained in the Mezzmo server and then the clients update it when they stop and retrieve it when they restart playback.  This works across all clients they support.  I maintain the Kodi addon which you can see the development thread here.  It is fully integrated with the Kodi database and has a background sync function for all metadata.  Clients for both Kodi 18 and 19 are available.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Store resume point of DLNA clients0