Kodi won't resume TV shows
As per the title. Kodi offers resume for unfinished films, but it doesn't for TV shows. Seemingly it affects anything with episodes (documentaries, TV shows etc.).

Also - perhaps unrelated - the menu button doesn't work anymore either., can't skip to the root/title menu anymore, just have to watch the whole boring copyright intro that I used to be able to skip.

Kodi 18.4 on Manjaro Linux 18.1.3
(2019-12-24, 20:16)Isaacson Wrote: Kodi 18.4 on Manjaro Linux 18.1.3

Team Kodi does not do the packaging for Manjaro, so basically anything could happen.
Kodi on Ubuntu, LibreELEC and Nvidia Shield have no problems here doing a resume of unfinished videos.

Perhaps the "files" table in Kodi's video database on your setup got corrupted? It's where such data is being stored.
You could also provide a debug log (wiki), perhaps something will come up.
(2019-12-24, 20:25)Klojum Wrote: Team Kodi does not do the packaging for Manjaro, so basically anything could happen.
This strikes me as very odd on the face of it. Why would the Manjaro packagers fiddle with the recording of a resume point for TV shows (but not Movies)? Surely all they're doing is determining where, in Manjaro's file system, the various binaries, libraries and settings should go? I can't for the life of me think why one particular flavour of Linux would need to change the internal workings of Kodi to make it do everything except record a resume point on TV shows.

It might not help my issue, but purely out of curiosity, I'd love to know what you imagine it might be about such a process that would cause some particular packager to need to remove it?
Quote:Perhaps the "files" table in Kodi's video database on your setup got corrupted?
I can get into the files table with my DB manager it contains only the fields - id, filepath, filename, play count (integer), last played (date), date added (date). Those are the only fields, so where is it supposed to be storing resume points? Is there a field missing?
It seems to be a known bug #16252.

Any workarounds would still be appreciated though.
Enable debugging and enable the Database component in Kodi's debugging section.
Restart Kodi, start a movie and stop it at some point, and check your database again.
Provide the log file, it should see something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't resume TV shows0