Windows 8.1 HP microserver gen8 LAGs when doanloading to disk.
simple problem ??

When ever i download ~max 200Mbit to my movie disk in windows 8.1 on my HP proliant gen8 server also running simple NFS shares using hanewins. And Kodi running on my Corelec unit( a former android device S905W ) And then i try to play movies.... its not possible.. everything stops. watching a movie and starting downloads on the HP server is then same result. everything stops or lags violently

Im on a gigabit lan btw. and have tweaked setup that very rarely gives med even buffering.

But when downloading nothing is possible from the Corelec unit..

Where do i start ?? I just cant seem to find the bottleneck.!
Downloading how? As standard Kodi doesn't have downloading features?

What addons are you using? Maybe a debug log (wiki) uploaded to our paste site and the url provided may shed some light...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-12-26, 21:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Downloading how? As standard Kodi doesn't have downloading features?

What addons are you using? Maybe a debug log (wiki) uploaded to our paste site and the url provided may shed some light...

Its general downloading to the hard drive using windows 8/ general writing to the disk....
Im on a gigabit LAN, and only have a 200Mbit-> 25 MBytes sec write capability using the internet
(2019-12-26, 21:57)gorb Wrote: and starting downloads on the HP server is then same result. everything stops or lags violently

Kodi does not download. if you are using video piracy add-ons to get your movies, don't bother asking any further. There is no support for those as per our forum rules (wiki).

If this all is not the case, then provide us your debug log (wiki) file via a pastebin website.
Press "top" on your Server (which is btw. not a kodi problem at all) and see which one is eating all the CPU.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8.1 HP microserver gen8 LAGs when doanloading to disk.0