Incorrect default sort order
(2023-06-29, 08:11)nonob Wrote: For the track numbers, indeed they are missing. I tried with your updated Mezzmo Kodi addon but I still don't see them (I just went to your link and clicked Code: Download zip, is that right?)

They show up when you sort by track.  That is done by the skin.  I can add them there regardless of the sort order, just let me know.  The only problem I have seen with this is that they show up twice when you select sort by track.  I played around a bit with detecting the sort method and only adding the tracks when the sort method was not sort by track but that wasn't fully successful.  But I only played with it a couple of minutes.  Yes download is correct and the version should be 2.1.9.0b.  Try selecting sort by track and let me know if they show up. 

I did find a problem in my testing with MediaMonkey and genre.  For my testing MediaMonkey is sending an XML tag labeled "Unknown" for an individual track genre, even though when I view it in the MediaMonkey database it is correct.  I am not sure if you are seeing the same.  You see it under the information dialog box for a specific track.  

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-06-29, 08:11)nonob Wrote: Regarding the missing buttons (previous, next, playlist), I think that everything is indeed linked to the fact that the launch of the playback of a track:
With Kodi UPnP default, a playlist is automatically created while Mezzmo does not.

Let me do some testing with MediaMonkey and native Kodi UPnP to confirm the playlist creation behavior.  If so, I should be able to replicate it with a context menu item called something like "Mezzmo Playlist" which will take the list of listitems / tracks in a folder / album and create a Kodi playlist.  This should provide the similar functionality.  This may take me a few days, as I am finishing up some other stuff.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-06-29, 08:11)nonob Wrote: Regarding the missing buttons (previous, next, playlist), I think that everything is indeed linked to the fact that the launch of the playback of a track:
With Kodi UPnP default, a playlist is automatically created while Mezzmo does not.

Ok, I think I have a simple solution for this.  I have uploaded a new test version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon, v2.1.9.0c.  I have it dynamically create a playlist in the background when you browse your server.  Give this a shot and let me know if it does what you want.  If this works I may make it a settings option to enable / disable but from my testing it seems to work for me.

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi,

(2023-06-29, 10:11)jbinkley60 Wrote: They show up when you sort by track.
Yes 👍

(2023-06-29, 10:11)jbinkley60 Wrote: I can add them there regardless of the sort order, just let me know. 

No, I think it is sufficient like this 🙂

(2023-06-29, 10:11)jbinkley60 Wrote: the version should be 2.1.9.0b
Yes 👍
(2023-06-29, 10:11)jbinkley60 Wrote: I did find a problem in my testing with MediaMonkey and genre.  For my testing MediaMonkey is sending an XML tag labeled "Unknown" for an individual track genre, even though when I view it in the MediaMonkey database it is correct.  I am not sure if you are seeing the same.  You see it under the information dialog box for a specific track.  
For me it seems to be good, all my genres are displayed on the information box when I select a track.
(2023-06-30, 16:08)jbinkley60 Wrote: Ok, I think I have a simple solution for this.  I have uploaded a new test version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon, v2.1.9.0c.  I have it dynamically create a playlist in the background when you browse your server.  Give this a shot and let me know if it does what you want.  If this works I may make it a settings option to enable / disable but from my testing it seems to work for me.

It doesn't change anything for me 😕

Thanks
(2023-07-01, 07:41)nonob Wrote: For me it seems to be good, all my genres are displayed on the information box when I select a track.
Quote:Ok, I think I have a simple solution for this.  I have uploaded a new test version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon, v2.1.9.0c.  I have it dynamically create a playlist in the background when you browse your server.  Give this a shot and let me know if it does what you want.  If this works I may make it a settings option to enable / disable but from my testing it seems to work for me.
It doesn't change anything for me 😕

Did you try downloading 2.1.9.0c ?   It adds the dynamic playlist support.  Here's a screenshot from my testing.

The current playlist item should show up as you browse your MediaMonkey library.  Can you check and see if that is happening ?  In doing additional testing I may need to add a context menu item to force playing the playlist but I want to see if this part is working for you, creating the playlist dynamically.

Edit - I did some more testing and one thing I noticed is that you need to launch the addon via music addons not video addons to get the full functionality of next track, previous track etc.  If I launch through video addons those functions don't work when browsing MediaMonkey music content.  Kodi must be matching the media types under the covers.  When you download the new test version it will be 2.1.9.0d.  I noticed I had defined the dynamic playlist as a video not a music playlist.  Version 2.1.90d fixes this.  

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi,

I was using 2.1.9c via music add-ons and it didn't work.

I confirm it works with 2.1.9d Smile , but for now, I need to start the first play from playlist and not from the list if I want to have next previous button to works, but if I'm right, it is why you want to add a contextual menu to launche the playlist.
(2023-07-01, 18:06)nonob Wrote: I was using 2.1.9c via music add-ons and it didn't work.

I confirm it works with 2.1.9d Smile , but for now, I need to start the first play from playlist and not from the list if I want to have next previous button to works, but if I'm right, it is why you want to add a contextual menu to launche the playlist.

Ok.  Yes, that was what I was thinking with regards to playback but you can also launch the playlist from the sidebar menu.  Just let me know if you want a context menu item or not.  I hope this is shaping up how you'd like.  It won't be identical to native Kodi playback but should be close with some additional functionality.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-07-01, 18:06)nonob Wrote: I was using 2.1.9c via music add-ons and it didn't work.

I've gone ahead and posted a test version 2.1.9.0e which has the context menu item to launch the playlist.  The only limitation of it is that it will always start at the beginning of the playlist.  From all of my reading Kodi doesn't allow determine the position of an item in the list unless it is part of the Kodi database, at least I haven't found anyone who has solved this yet   If you feel like testing and let me know your thoughts..

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi,
(2023-07-01, 21:19)jbinkley60 Wrote: Ok.  Yes, that was what I was thinking with regards to playback but you can also launch the playlist from the sidebar menu.  Just let me know if you want a context menu item or not.  I hope this is shaping up how you'd like.  It won't be identical to native Kodi playback but should be close with some additional functionality.
Sorry for the delay, I had not seen this message.

(2023-07-06, 01:52)jbinkley60 Wrote: I've gone ahead and posted a test version 2.1.9.0e which has the context menu item to launch the playlist.  The only limitation of it is that it will always start at the beginning of the playlist.  From all of my reading Kodi doesn't allow determine the position of an item in the list unless it is part of the Kodi database, at least I haven't found anyone who has solved this yet   If you feel like testing and let me know your thoughts..

Thanks a lot! It is great!

It's a detail but if it is possible and not a lot of work, could it be possible to have this Mezzmo context menu on the playlist name item (last added), without having to enter in the playlist to display its content?

To Team Kodi: it could be useful if Kodi could natively display UPnP content with the order predefined by the server.

And a little question off-topic: do you know any UPnP client, like your Mezzmo add-on, which would work from a web browser (an extension for example), which would make it possible to listen to my UPnP music from a Chromebook for example?
(2023-07-06, 11:40)nonob Wrote: Hi,
(2023-07-01, 21:19)jbinkley60 Wrote: Ok.  Yes, that was what I was thinking with regards to playback but you can also launch the playlist from the sidebar menu.  Just let me know if you want a context menu item or not.  I hope this is shaping up how you'd like.  It won't be identical to native Kodi playback but should be close with some additional functionality.
Sorry for the delay, I had not seen this message.

(2023-07-06, 01:52)jbinkley60 Wrote: I've gone ahead and posted a test version 2.1.9.0e which has the context menu item to launch the playlist.  The only limitation of it is that it will always start at the beginning of the playlist.  From all of my reading Kodi doesn't allow determine the position of an item in the list unless it is part of the Kodi database, at least I haven't found anyone who has solved this yet   If you feel like testing and let me know your thoughts..

Thanks a lot! It is great!

It's a detail but if it is possible and not a lot of work, could it be possible to have this Mezzmo context menu on the playlist name item (last added), without having to enter in the playlist to display its content?

To Team Kodi: it could be useful it Kodi could natively display UPnP content with the order predefined by the server.

And a little question off-topic: do you know any UPnP client, like your Mezzmo add-on, which would work from a web browser (an extension for example), which would make it possible to listen to my UPnP music from a Chromebook for example?

I could add it to the context menu but it would be a bit or work and could be clunky.  I'll work on cleaning up the code and adding a setting option to enable this feature.  it will be included with v2.1.9.1 and should be out within a week.. 

With regards to the web browser question, this is a server side function not a client side function.  You'd need to move to a server which supports web browser interfacing.  I am surprised that MediaMonkey doesn't have a web interface.  The Mezzmo server component does have a web interface.  Here's some screenshots.  Other UPnP servers have web interfaces too.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-07-06, 14:58)jbinkley60 Wrote: I could add it to the context menu but it would be a bit or work and could be clunky.  I'll work on cleaning up the code and adding a setting option to enable this feature.  it will be included with v2.1.9.1 and should be out within a week.. 

If it is too much work, do not bother yourself, I can live without it.

(2023-07-06, 14:58)jbinkley60 Wrote: With regards to the web browser question, this is a server side function not a client side function.  You'd need to move to a server which supports web browser interfacing.  I am surprised that MediaMonkey doesn't have a web interface.  The Mezzmo server component does have a web interface.  Here's some screenshots.  Other UPnP servers have web interfaces too.
Thanks for the explanation, I'm surprised too there isn't a web interface. I thought there was a possibility of having some kind of browser extension that could work as a UPnP client, usable with any server.

Thanks again for your work and help, I can now listen to my music in the good sorting, it is great Smile
(2023-07-06, 17:58)nonob Wrote: Thanks for the explanation, I'm surprised too there isn't a web interface. I thought there was a possibility of having some kind of browser extension that could work as a UPnP client, usable with any server.

There are other UPnP clients out there for many device types.  MediaMonkey says they have an Android client.  Bubble UPnP has an Android client which is popular.  Mezzmo has an Android client which may run on your Chromebook.  I have them running on my Google tablets.  You can check with them to see.  I am sure there are others. 

Thanks,

Jeff
I already use MediaMonkey Android but I was searching for a web browser add-on, not an Android app, but if I well understood, it doesn't exist. It isn't a big deal, it was just a little question off topic.

Thanks Smile
(2023-07-06, 20:25)nonob Wrote: I already use MediaMonkey Android but I was searching for a web browser add-on, not an Android app, but if I well understood, it doesn't exist. It isn't a big deal, it was just a little question off topic.

There has been a few attempts at a Kodi based web browser.   I have no idea of the current status.  Maybe someone else can weigh in that is more familiar.

Jeff
(2023-07-06, 11:40)nonob Wrote: Thanks a lot! It is great!

I released v2.1.9.1 of the Mezzmo Kodi addon today.  You will need to enable the UPnP Dynamic Music Playlist feature.  The default is disabled to keep the behavior the same for everyone else.  The option is under Content Control.

Thanks,

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect default sort order0