Missing artwork on UPnp secondary device
I just setup a library and on my main device that holds the files I get cover art for my movie widget. UPNP is how I’m connecting the two

When I setup my secondary device I can play the movie just fine, but there is just a default image there.

I’ve installed Artwork beef

Is this possible ?
uPNP is not a flexible way to share libraries. In fact, you cannot share a library via uPNP, you can only share files.

Use another networking method like SMB
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-29, 22:54)Karellen Wrote: uPNP is not a flexible way to share libraries. In fact, you cannot share a library via uPNP, you can only share files.

Use another networking method like SMB

Just setup SMB, but I'm also not getting art.

When I click on it through Media Settings > Videos>Movies> the selected movie has a Poster art.  It's the widgets on the skin that are showing a default image.
The path I was using to get Widget is Video Library>Sources>Movies>Create Menu from here.
Have you scanned the movies into your library?

Is your artwork named correctly... Artwork (wiki)

Also post a screenshot of the problem just so we are clear where the problem is. Which skin are you using as this is more a skin issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-30, 00:25)Karellen Wrote: Have you scanned the movies into your library?

Is your artwork named correctly... Artwork (wiki)

Also post a screenshot of the problem just so we are clear where the problem is. Which skin are you using as this is more a skin issue.

Here is what my widget looks like https://imgur.com/ygje8Z4
Using Auramod
This movie example I have names as Avengers - Infinity war (2018). I'm not using separate folders for each movie.

When I play the movie and hit pause, I am getting artwork 
https://imgur.com/sgUWh8t
Ok. Can't tell what that other artwork is- whether it is a screenshot or a Landscape image.

What artworks do you have in the movie folder? A screenshot showing the contents of the folder will be helpful.

Also, check your "Choose Art" option on the Movie Information screen. Can you see that wrong image? What is it listed as?
My Signature
(2019-12-30, 01:14)Karellen Wrote: Ok. Can't tell what that other artwork is- whether it is a screenshot or a Landscape image.

What artworks do you have in the movie folder? A screenshot showing the contents of the folder will be helpful.

Also, check your "Choose Art" option on the Movie Information screen. Can you see that wrong image? What is it listed as?

I just realized there is no artwork in the folder, just the file itself.  Which I'm guessing is part my problem.

I'm not sure where to find Choose art.  The weird thing is the artwork is completely fine when I go into Media Settings > Videos>Movies>

It's really just the widgets itself that aren't displaying the proper art
(2019-12-30, 01:33)Kbxy88 Wrote: I just realized there is no artwork in the folder, just the file itself.  Which I'm guessing is part my problem.
I guess the fallback image is a screenshot. If you add a poster file and re-scrape the movie, does that fix the issue. (You need to rescrape for Kodi to see the new artwork)

(2019-12-30, 01:33)Kbxy88 Wrote: I'm not sure where to find Choose art.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Information_Page
Of course that will depend on which skin you are using. Switch back to the default Estuary skin if you still have problems finding it.

(2019-12-30, 01:33)Kbxy88 Wrote: It's really just the widgets itself that aren't displaying the proper art
After performing the above, if it is still a problem, best to ask the skin author.
My Signature
(2019-12-30, 01:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 01:33)Kbxy88 Wrote: I just realized there is no artwork in the folder, just the file itself.  Which I'm guessing is part my problem.
I guess the fallback image is a screenshot. If you add a poster file and re-scrape the movie, does that fix the issue. (You need to rescrape for Kodi to see the new artwork)

(2019-12-30, 01:33)Kbxy88 Wrote: I'm not sure where to find Choose art.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Information_Page
Of course that will depend on which skin you are using. Switch back to the default Estuary skin if you still have problems finding it.

(2019-12-30, 01:33)Kbxy88 Wrote: It's really just the widgets itself that aren't displaying the proper art
After performing the above, if it is still a problem, best to ask the skin author.

Confirmed switching to Estuary and it’s working fine. Thanks so much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing artwork on UPnp secondary device0