Solved Navigating Guide 12 Hours At A Time?
Apologies if this is not the correct sub-forum, please direct me if appropriate.   I'm pretty new to all this and not sure the relationship yet between the guide window in Kodi and the NextPVR Add-On.  First of all, I'm using Windows 7 x64, Leia, Aeon Nox Silvo Skin, NextPVR backend and NextPVR Add-On in Kodi.

I've tried several skins before landing on the Aeon Nox one, so I can't recall for sure, but I would have sworn at one point there was a command to advance or go back in the guide 12 hours at a time.  I know there was one in WMC that I used to use, but I really thought there was one in Kodi when I fist installed it and NextPVR a couple of weeks ago.

My Google-FU is weak on this one with combinations of terms for the guide views, but I've looked at the standard keymaps while trying to customize my remote and maps, and don't really see anything there in TVGuide node, so maybe I imagined it?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml

<TVGuide>
  <keyboard>
    <e>PreviousMenu</e>
    <t>ShowTimerRule</t>
    <epg>PreviousMenu</epg>
    <g>NextChannelGroup</g>
    <n>ActivateWindow(PVRGuideControls)</n>
    <enter mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(PVRGuideControls)</enter>
    <return mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(PVRGuideControls)</return>
    <backspace mod="longpress">Number0</backspace> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
    <browser_back mod="longpress">Number0</browser_back> <!-- 0 key goes to "now" on EPG timeline -->
    <period mod="longpress">ChannelNumberSeparator</period>
    <numpadperiod>ChannelNumberSeparator</numpadperiod>
  </keyboard>
</TVGuide>
(2020-01-02, 17:54)FriendOfEntropy Wrote: I'm pretty new to all this and not sure the relationship yet between the guide window in Kodi and the NextPVR Add-On. 
Basically NextPVR is providing data (like lists of channels, tv listings, recordings, etc) and the ability to schedule new recordings, and video streams. 

Kodi is providing the UI and video player. ie, anything to do with behavior of the UI (including skipping around the TV Guide), and what you see on the screen, is provided by Kodi. 

So...this type of question, about how to get a certain behaviour in the UI, isn't NextPVR specific and you might get a better answer in the generic 'PVR & Live TV Support' parent forum (since there will be people using other PVR backends that might have had to find the same thing in the past)
(2020-01-02, 19:17)sub3 Wrote:
(2020-01-02, 17:54)FriendOfEntropy Wrote: I'm pretty new to all this and not sure the relationship yet between the guide window in Kodi and the NextPVR Add-On. 
Basically NextPVR is providing data (like lists of channels, tv listings, recordings, etc) and the ability to schedule new recordings, and video streams. 

Kodi is providing the UI and video player. ie, anything to do with behavior of the UI (including skipping around the TV Guide), and what you see on the screen, is provided by Kodi. 

So...this type of question, about how to get a certain behaviour in the UI, isn't NextPVR specific and you might get a better answer in the generic 'PVR & Live TV Support' parent forum (since there will be people using other PVR backends that might have had to find the same thing in the past) 

Thanks, so if I understand....the guide in Kodi is generic, regardless of which PVR backend is used?  The NextPVR Add-On is not a Client (or UI "replacement") for the Kodi guide, but just an enabler for Kodi to communicate with the backend?
Yes, pretty much.
@FriendOfEntropy

If you are using a keyboard...

comma - jump back 12 hrs
period - jump forward 12 hrs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Those functions are on remotes and MCE keyboards too, using Skip Previous and Next.

Martin
(2020-01-02, 21:38)emveepee Wrote: Those functions are on remotes and MCE keyboards too, using Skip Previous and Next.

Martin

Yeah, I expected the skip buttons to do it the same way they did with WMC in the guide, but they didn't work for me.

I'll have to check when I get home from work and make sure I didn't mess with those keys with Advanced MCE Remote mapper accidentally.  I believe the only MCE keys I changed was to make the Guide button send ctrl-G and the Info button invoke Context menus, but I'll have to verify that I didn't do something braindead or something short-sighted trying to fix the functionality of those keys on another screen.
I don't see a way to mark this solved, but thanks everyone, I've got it configured properly again. 

The comma and period set me on the path to learn more about the keymaps than what I had already discovered, and eventually led me to my solve.  I had a combination of issues...mainly my own ignorance, when I first started messing with Kodi weeks ago I had indeed monkeyed with these keys in the Advanced MCE remote mapper  (at least I had not also changed them in Harmony software on the remote itself Smile

Anyway, again, thanks for the help.  I see that Matrix appears to be all about EPG/PVR and I see a lot of navigation changes coming there that will be very welcome.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigating Guide 12 Hours At A Time?0