Bug Updating Media Info on Multiple files
Exclamation 
Firstly TMM is great!
But I've noticed this a few versions ago (using the nightly ones)...

When you try to update a long list of movies MediaInfo there is a Java Error - and no logs of the crash.
I've tried removing and reinstalling Java and deleting the Movies and TV DBs and Cache, then recreating them using the update media source. Still broken.
I can reproduce this by simply selecting lots of movies and 'Update Media Info' = crash, though I've yet to figure out the exact number of movies as it seems inconsistent.
This does not do the same for TV - that works.
crashes with MediaInfo are probably complete Java crashes (not catch-able). Those will generate a error dump somewhere.

I'd suggest you to search for them in either

* your home folder
* tmm folder
* desktop

if you run a oracle/openjdk Java they should have names like: hs_err_pid
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Windows system and there are no logs in any of those directories - I have no 'home' dir as such...
Updated to the latest Beta - same error... (correctly updated 4 movies - Java crashed)
a whole java crash is always caused by an "external" code (libmediainfo in your case). But without any of these Java error dumps I am kinda unable to search for a solution..

does your tmm instance has enough free memory? did you try to use a different java (as explained in https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/676)? -> AdoptOpenJDK with OpenJ9 works much better in case of memory management, maybe it solves your crash too. Just try to put it locally into your tmm installation (no need to install it system wide)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
So I completely removed all the files in the TMM folder except the data and cache.
Downloaded the snapshot from here http://nightly.tinymediamanager.org/ and unzipped to the TMM directory.
The MediaInfo works again.

On the large DB thing - I set the extra.txt to -Xmx1024m = working
Setting the slider to the max (1536?) makes TMM fail to start... I have 18Gb of RAM
Not sure if this should be a new issue?
I'll try the AdoptOpenJDK!

Oh - while I remember is the appbase URL in the GetDown.txt correct - gives a 404 when you browse there..?
yes this is intended -> the folder is not browseable/listable; you need the full url of every file to access it

if tmm fails to start with 1536mb you probably have a 32bit Java installed (which shouldn't be on any device in 2020...); just try adoptopenjdk along with 3.1 and you probably won't need any memory setting above 1g
You are right there - it seems MUCH happier with AdoptOpenJDK...
Worth rolling that out as the default perhaps?
we're working to deliver our own jvm along with tmm, but after this tinyMediaManager isn't tiny any more Big Grin
up to now Java is the only thing a user has to install apart from tmm, but as other big java programs have shown, delivering a jvm along with the program is the only way to ensure long term stability :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Media Info on Multiple files0