Why does Kodi ONLY see shows/movies that I scrape with Ember?
This may be a weird question, but why doesn't Kodi see new TV Shows and Movies if I don't scrape them through Ember first?
I have been using EMM for many many years, and I like what it does, but for quite some time now, Kodi (and XBMC before that) pretty much wouldn't "see" any new additions to my library unless I scraped 'em with Ember. I can't seem to force Kodi to update its library in a way that shows my new additions.
Is this just me? Do I have some box checked somewhere I don't know about? Am I taking crazy pills?

Oh and just to be clear, within Kodi I can dig around to the folder that said media is in and play it, but I can't get it show up listed as an episode of a show, etc (unless scraped).
(2020-01-03, 08:07)spongemonkey Wrote: This may be a weird question, but why doesn't Kodi see new TV Shows and Movies if I don't scrape them through Ember first?
I have been using EMM for many many years, and I like what it does, but for quite some time now, Kodi (and XBMC before that) pretty much wouldn't "see" any new additions to my library unless I scraped 'em with Ember. I can't seem to force Kodi to update its library in a way that shows my new additions.
Is this just me? Do I have some box checked somewhere I don't know about? Am I taking crazy pills?

Oh and just to be clear, within Kodi I can dig around to the folder that said media is in and play it, but I can't get it show up listed as an episode of a show, etc (unless scraped).
You have to scrap info with something, Ember or Kodi.
So what scraper do you have in your tv source in Kodi, if it's local information only where is nothing to do for it.
@spongemonkey

IIRC Ember is still using the v1 <episodeguide> URL which has not been compatible with Kodi for over 2 years. If you originally used ember generated NFO files for tv shows, and now trying to add new episodes through Kodi scraping, it won't work.

Refresh the TV Show (not the episodes), ignore the local information when asked, and the new <episodeguide> will be downloaded.

More info here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-03, 20:55)Karellen Wrote: @spongemonkey

IIRC Ember is still using the v1 <episodeguide> URL which has not been compatible with Kodi for over 2 years. If you originally used ember generated NFO files for tv shows, and now trying to add new episodes through Kodi scraping, it won't work.

Refresh the TV Show (not the episodes), ignore the local information when asked, and the new <episodeguide> will be downloaded.

More info here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588

Thanks so much. This is great info! I will give this a try.
And thanks for the link as well. It is a good insight into what has been causing me headaches for a while!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does Kodi ONLY see shows/movies that I scrape with Ember?0