Mod Arctic Zephyr 2 - Advanced Emulator Launcher Trailer View
EDIT: This feature is now in Arctic Zephyr2. Use the repository download to install

I added a view to the Zephyr 2 theme that adds game trailer previews along with extra snap, title shot and console icon. The existing views look great but don't match up exactly to the default artwork paths. The view is called ROM Trailer

Also fixed the issue with no vertical scrollbars shown to quickly scroll through your library by letter in Advanced Emulator Launcher

I ported alot of code from @Wintermute0110 s skin.estuary.AEL theme

If you want to try out the theme, a build is here https://github.com/mechevarria/skin.arct...2/releases

I'll add a pull request as well for @jurialmunkey on github.
This is exactly what I’ve been looking for appreciate your work on this to get trailers working mechavarria!

One question. Is there a way to have the trailer play as fanart in the background rather than a specific window for a view in AEL?
(2020-02-04, 07:01)bigmonkeynads Wrote: This is exactly what I’ve been looking for appreciate your work on this to get trailers working mechavarria!

One question. Is there a way to have the trailer play as fanart in the background rather than a specific window for a view in AEL?
Its possible, but that would be a custom view. Is there a particular view that you would like to see that in?

By the way, the best way to install the skin is to use the Repository provided by @drinfernoo 
That has the latest accepted build which is out ahead of the github releases
(2020-02-11, 18:21)mechevarria Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 07:01)bigmonkeynads Wrote: This is exactly what I’ve been looking for appreciate your work on this to get trailers working mechavarria!

Its possible, but that would be a custom view. Is there a particular view that you would like to see that in?

By the way, the best way to install the skin is to use the Repository provided by @drinfernoo 

Actually it would be a bit messy having it as fanart!

Thanks for that info I’ll check it out.

I already have AEL and the theme setup can I just add your view in to enable trailers? Or update via drinfernoo’s repo?
(2020-02-22, 05:08)bigmonkeynads Wrote:
(2020-02-11, 18:21)mechevarria Wrote:

I already have AEL and the theme setup can I just add your view in to enable trailers? Or update via drinfernoo’s repo? 
Just update via the repo. The manual way is a little tedious, but it involves going to the github page, downloading the repo as a zip, extracting the zip, removing the '-master' at the end of the folder name and finally re-zipping and installing.
(2020-03-02, 17:37)mechevarria Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 05:08)bigmonkeynads Wrote:
(2020-02-11, 18:21)mechevarria Wrote: Its possible, but that would be a custom view. Is there a particular view that you would like to see that in?

Just update via the repo. The manual way is a little tedious, but it involves going to the github page, downloading the repo as a zip, extracting the zip, removing the '-master' at the end of the folder name and finally re-zipping and installing.

For what it's worth, those extra steps of unzipping and removing "-master" from the folder name should be unnecessary. Simply downloading the zip from GitHub and directly installing from zip should be just fine 👍

However, as you stated, the more correct way is absolutely to install from @jurialmunkey's repo, in order to ensure that the proper dependencies are fulfilled upon install.
(2020-01-03, 23:16)mechevarria Wrote: EDIT: This feature is now in Arctic Zephyr2. Use the repository download to install

I added a view to the Zephyr 2 theme that adds game trailer previews along with extra snap, title shot and console icon. The existing views look great but don't match up exactly to the default artwork paths. The view is called ROM Trailer

Also fixed the issue with no vertical scrollbars shown to quickly scroll through your library by letter in Advanced Emulator Launcher

If you want to try out the theme, a build is here https://github.com/mechevarria/skin.arct...2/releases

Beautiful AEL setup, I have mine setup but it doesn't look as beautiful and uniform as yours.  Could I ask where you got your Platform Banners, I can't find anything as nice on the LaunchBox forums.
Also in rom trailer view how do you get the Video to show in 4:3 aspect ratio, mine display in 16:9 with black bars on the sides,  thanks.
(2020-06-26, 00:38)TonyBirt Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 23:16)mechevarria Wrote: EDIT: This feature is now in Arctic Zephyr2. Use the repository download to install

Beautiful AEL setup, I have mine setup but it doesn't look as beautiful and uniform as yours.  Could I ask where you got your Platform Banners, I can't find anything as nice on the LaunchBox forums.
Also in rom trailer view how do you get the Video to show in 4:3 aspect ratio, mine display in 16:9 with black bars on the sides,  thanks.
80%+ of all the artwork including trailers comes from emumovies  Its well worth the subscription. LaunchBox and HFS DB fill in the gaps. The platform artwork I moved over from an older kodi plugin called Hyperlauncher. The artwork folder is on github
Hi could you do a set of instructions; how to install this?

I already have access to drinfernoos repository.

Also if I have set up all my categories, launchers and rom collections - will this overwrite it?

Or is it simply going to allow me to change the layout as all I have at the moment I think is a list view.

Thank you
Chris

Hi

Going to bump again, and just ask for help.
I cannot find this on jurialmunkey (repository.jurialmunkey/) or beatmasters repository for matrix
I have both Artic Zyphur Reloaded and Artic Zyphur Horizon, (both awesome skins).  Is the AEL part integrated into Artic Zyphur (not the two I have mentioned) and if so - can I install artic zyphur on Kodi 19?
All I get are list views and square lists for AEL.
Apologies in advance for any miss understanding.
Thanks
Chris
(2021-12-26, 16:38)Smokeycoles Wrote:

Hi

Going to bump again, and just ask for help.
I cannot find this on jurialmunkey or beatmasters repository for matrix
I have both Artic Zyphur Reloaded and Artic Zyphur Horizon, (both awesome skins).  Is the AEL part integrated into Artic Zyphur (not the two I have mentioned) and if so - can I install artic zyphur on Kodi 19?
All I get are list views and square lists for AEL.
Apologies in advance for any miss understanding.
Thanks
Chris
@mechevarria made a PR to my skin with this view I believe. You can try install this: https://github.com/nfm886/skin.arctic.ze...ection.mod and check if this is what you want. Unfortunately I did not test it so can't say if it's what you want  Confused
@"nfm886" 

Thank you very much - its works great  Smile

I don't think I've understood about the skins until today, but between the three skins - each have some great features!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr 2 - Advanced Emulator Launcher Trailer View0