Multiple episode icons in Guide Data
My guide data from Schedules Direct contains multiple icons for every show.  Each icon is at a different resolution and aspect ratio.

What determines which icon gets shown in Kodi?  Is the decision made in the tvHeadEnd back-end, in the tvHeadEnd add-in, or in Kodi itself?

I could filter the guide data so that there is only one icon per show, but I am hoping there is an easier way.
It depends on what you mean by shows, the PVR interface only defines one image for guide item and 3 for recordings channel,  thumbnail and fanart.

The official SD API provides only has series landscape and portrait art (no episode art).  In pvr.nextpvr I specify which to use for thumbnails and which to use for fanart.

Martin
I was thinking, specifically, about the icon that appears in the lower left corner of the guide when you browse to different shows.  I believe that must be the episode art.

You are correct that the SD images are only series images, not episode specific images.  But one of those images is being displayed on the guide page.

I also believe that the other artwork you are referring to is what is displayed when browsing the list of shows that have been recorded.  On my PC, the series fanart shows up in the background, and a thumbnail for the series appears in the upper right corner.  I don't see a channel icon on that page, but channel icons are in the guide data, and are showing up in other places in Kodi.

I have nextpvr on my PC, but I am experimenting with running tvheadend on my Synology and Kodi on a nVidia Shield TV Pro.  On the PC, the guide image for the show is 16x9, and is a series image.  But in tvheadend it is in the poster aspect ratio.

Right now I was concentrating on what comes up in the guide.  I haven't made any recordings yet, so I don't know what may or may not be displayed there on the Shield.
Maybe you confused with the crappy stock art that SD is giving us for many shows recently?  It is kind of like generic art based on the genre with the title text overlaid.  If you look in the xmltv file and the icon has _st_ in it is junk.

Martin
As far as I can tell, there are three places images are used in the Live TV section of Kodi.  On the guide page, as you browse the shows, an icon appears in the lower left corner.  After recording a show, and browsing the list of recorded shows, on the page for a specific episode there is an icon in the upper right hand corner, and there is full page background artwork.

My question is:  Where does Kodi get these icons, and do I have any control over it?

I have one windows PC with NextPVR, and a nVidia Shield with TVheadEnd.  I use the default skin.  I use the same Schedules Direct subscription to get guide data for both.  Every TV show lists multiple icons per show in SD.  And SD has no episode specific icons.

In NextPVR, the icon for the guide is in 16x9 aspect ratio.  In TVheadEnd, it is a poster.

In NextPVR, the recorded TV icon is a poster, and background artwork is shown.  In TVheadEnd, the recorded TV icon shows the TV channel, not the show, and there is no background artwork.

So is it the recording back-end, or the PVR add-in that makes the decision as to what icon to display?  For TVheadEnd, does the user have any control over this?
Hi there, I have Kodi running on my Shield and I cant get guide artworks to work at all. I use Schedules Direct. When I get SD info loaded int TVHE I can clearly see all the artwork (show posters, etc).

I can't, however, get it to show in Kodi. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd love to get it fixed!
(2020-03-06, 14:45)nakquada Wrote: Hi there, I have Kodi running on my Shield and I cant get guide artworks to work at all. I use Schedules Direct. When I get SD info loaded int TVHE I can clearly see all the artwork (show posters, etc).

I can't, however, get it to show in Kodi. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd love to get it fixed!

To get the channel icons and individual show icons to appear in Kodi, you must enable the image cache on the general tab of the TVHE configuration.  No special options or configuration is required on the Kodi side to get this to work.  I did need to tune a few channels to get the show icons to start appearing.  Maybe I was just too impatient, and it just takes a while for them to move over.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple episode icons in Guide Data0