Kodi doesn't see files / treats them as "hidden"
I was searching for hours: My Kodis (LE 9.2.0 on Raspi 4 and Kodi 18.05 on Ubuntu) did not see some (video) files on my NAS (not by scraping and not by filemanager).
After reading this thread: 304405 (thread)  and testing it I can confirm this behaviour.
Both of my Kodis see the files if I check "show hidden files" although none of the files were "hidden" (via SMB on Synology NAS).

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
alibuba
What are the file or folder names involved?

As noted in the thread you linked to, any file or folder with a . at the start of it is treated by Linux/Unix as hidden, so it may be that the NAS is hiding it at that end perhaps?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-06, 00:21)DarrenHill Wrote: What are the file or folder names involved?

As noted in the thread you linked to, any file or folder with a . at the start of it is treated by Linux/Unix as hidden, so it may be that the NAS is hiding it at that end perhaps?

2 examples.
This one is "NOT SEEN": admin@xxxxxx:/volume1/video/movies/Horton Hears a Who! (2008)$ ls -la Horton\ Hears\ a\ Who\!\ \(2008\).avi
                                    result: -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users 123456 May 28  2011 Horton Hears a Who! (2008).avi

This one is "SEEN": -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin users 123456 Jun 18  2011 Tommy (1975).avi

There aren't any hidden folders and files. All my computers (Ubuntu, LMDE, Win10) can see the files...
What are the permissions on the folder (/Horton Hears a Who! (2008)/) containing the movie?
(2020-01-07, 03:16)asavah Wrote: What are the permissions on the folder (/Horton Hears a Who! (2008)/) containing the movie?

result of ls -ld:
drwxrwxrwx+ 3 admin users 4096 Jan  5 01:13 Tommy (1975)
drwxrwxrwx+ 3 admin users 4096 Jan  5 01:09 Horton Hears a Who! (2008)

The folders and other files in there (fanart/poster-images) were always seenable via kodi-filemanager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't see files / treats them as "hidden"0