Solved Kodi 18.5 on Raspberry Pi 4 no sound on TV
I set up Kodi with LibreELEC and when it is connected to my asus PC monitor with the HDMI cable i can hear sound. I move it to my LG TV and plug it in with the same HDMI cable I get no sound. I found a few forms that said go into the /flash/config.txt and add hdmi_drive=2 and uncomment hdmi_force_hotplug=1 I first just added hdmi_drive=2 then re-started and no sound then uncommented hdmi_force_hotplug=1 still no sound.

I plugged it back into my PC monitor and it is fine I can hear the movies again. This movie is on a NAS.
Is 

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
dtparam=audio=on

in your config.txt?
Adding that to the config.txt file work perfectly. Thanks for the help.
I have added the dtparam=audio=on to the config.txt file and like I said I can hear now but there are a lot of movies when characters talk I either can’t hear them or I can barely hear them. There are also a lot of movies that are fine. I play these same movies off my media center on my router which is a ASUS AC87U and they all work find.
(2020-01-09, 05:49)donbrew Wrote: Is 

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
dtparam=audio=on

in your config.txt?

Adding that to the config.txt file work perfectly. Thanks for the help.

I have added the dtparam=audio=on to the config.txt file and like I said I can hear now but there are a lot of movies when characters talk I either can’t hear them or I can barely hear them. There are also a lot of movies that are fine. I play these same movies off my media center on my router which is a ASUS AC87U and they all work find.
Are you sure you have number of channels set to "2.0" in system/audio settings?
Getting that wrong means you may only hear background sounds and not centre speaker.
(2020-01-14, 19:46)popcornmix Wrote: Are you sure you have number of channels set to "2.0" in system/audio settings?
Getting that wrong means you may only hear background sounds and not centre speaker.

I ended up changing the audio to HDMI and analog and it seem to fix the issue.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.5 on Raspberry Pi 4 no sound on TV0