Issues with January nightly current playlist and sorting
I've noticed two things in the v19 1/1/20 nightly.  I'm not sure if it's something I did or whether it's different from v18.5.

In each example, I went Home Page - Music - Artist - scroll down to artist - click - & you get a list of albums.

ONE:
In v18.5, on the page of albums, if you right-click on an album cover and choose play, it loads the album into playlist and plays the songs by track number (song 1,2,3,4)
In v19, on the page of albums, if you right-click on an album cover and choose play, it loads the album into playlist and plays the songs in alphabetical order (song a,b,c,d).
With the decision path I chose, I cannot see how to play songs by track number in v19nightly (shuffle is not on).

v19 1/1/20 nightly

TWO:
v19 1/1/20
As above, home - music - artist - choose artist - list of albums  Right-click on an album and choose play.  It does.  Note I'm still on the album view page until I open the playlist view.
I'm still on the album view page... open side-blade and choose sort by (track).  Normally you wouldn't do that at this stage because it's used for changing the order of albums displayed, not what is being played.  Anyways, open side-blade and choose sort by (track) and it crashes v19nightly (1/1/20).
Neither of those sound like skin issues, I'll try and replicate however as there's been playlist changes done by @DaveBlake that could be the cause.
I have pulled this out of the general skin improvements discussion thread @dubwat  and @jjd-uk  as a bug report.

I can not reproduce issue "one", how about you @jjd-uk ? Can you offer any other details @dubwat, e.g. the sort orders and view types that you are using.    

I do see the crash of "two" and will investigate further, thanks for reporting. I immediately have to wonder why "track" is offered as a possible sort order for albums (only applies to songs).
I haven't had time yet to take look to see if I could reproduce.
Interesting, the issue of sorting album view after starting album playback offering the wrong list of possible orders goes back to Krypton, although crashing only happend since 18.0 (Leia behaves same as the nightly).  So nothing new causes this, but yes does need fixing.

Yet to see "one" (tracks added to player queue in wrong order) but could be related in some way. Need more on that if someone can reproduce.
@DaveBlake I can reproduce the wrong order issue using any compilation album.  Single artist albums are queued correctly in track No. order.  Compilation albums are queued in Artist order.  Tested with a fresh build of Matix master git:20200108-152988f36e.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks @black_eagle, yes I see it with compilations. 

Qwerky.... Previously playing an album would add the songs in the default order that is held for the song view.  Now in v19 it is attempting to apply album order (ignore the song view settings) which makes some sense but I don't remember making that change. Of course "album order" is (album, artist, track) hence the result.

Edit: Ah ha, seems that using album order for tracks in album playback has been coded a long time, but the path processing was not working (broke sometime along the way), and some other change fixed the that.
Issue "One" (as regression introduced when disc level was added) is fixed in the next nightly by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17589 (thanks Black_Eagle)

The crash of issue "Two" is longer standing and still awaiting a fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with January nightly current playlist and sorting0