Restart option -> reboots machine ... what about shutdown?
I just realized that if I select the restart option on the shutdown screen of XBMC it actually restarts or reboots the whole computer. Is there anyway to modify what command it runs (without recompiling)? Or is this hard coded? What about the shutdown option? Anyway to modify what that does?

Thanks,
Harry
You could modify this in the skin, it's in the file DialogButtonMenu.xml
Don't know what you want to change it to but look here for available functions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions
I think what Harry is asking is: the Reboot button reboots the machine, but the Shut Down button just kills the app. Is there any way to get the Shut Down button to shut down the PC?
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
Thanks. Btw, in that file the function for the restart button is RestartApp which should just restart the software but instead it restarts the whole computer. So obviously this is a bug at the moment. Are the developers taking bug reports yet?

Thanks,
Harry
zeuss-axis Wrote:I think what Harry is asking is: the Reboot button reboots the machine, but the Shut Down button just kills the app. Is there any way to get the Shut Down button to shut down the PC?

Ah... Sorry, I didn't notice this thread was in the Windows section Rolleyes
RestartApp reboots your computer?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:RestartApp reboots your computer?

Yup ... according to the file DialogButtonMenu.xml RestartApp is run when the Restart button is pressed. It does a clean reboot too ... not like it crashes or something ... it reboots as if I hit reboot from the start menu.

Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Yup ... according to the file DialogButtonMenu.xml RestartApp is run when the Restart button is pressed. It does a clean reboot too ... not like it crashes or something ... it reboots as if I hit reboot from the start menu.

Harry

I hadn't tested this out till now, but it actually doesn't reboot the PC for me in either PM3 or Aeon..what skin are you using?

Aeon 12 - restart has no function
PM3 on 13895 - restart shuts down XBMC
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
Yes, restart is rebooting your computer that with purpose atm (like on xbox).
To choose the shutdown mode go to the settings/system and choose standby/hibernate or shutdown.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
BTW patches for restarting the app instead of the PC are welcome Wink
WiSo Wrote:BTW patches for restarting the app instead of the PC are welcome Wink

And needed if you ask me it needs to by like shutdown or even in the same setting like "Restart,Shutdown effects PC not XBMC"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restart option -> reboots machine ... what about shutdown?0