v19 How to add more widgets
I use the shield TV, is there something selected in the options to have this animation?
thank you for your reply
(2020-02-07, 14:09)shkop Wrote: I use the shield TV, is there something selected in the options to have this animation?
thank you for your reply
Im at work at the moment and not near my hub. there may be a setting to help with smooth animations I dont recall off hand but i will look when i get home if you havent figured it out yet. Where do you have your widgets pointing to Library playlists or addon sources?
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
my widgets pointing to Library playlists
(2020-02-07, 14:09)shkop Wrote: I use the shield TV, is there something selected in the options to have this animation?
thank you for your reply

It is not an animation, as Scott has said if you press left or right it only movies one icon at a time. If you keep your finger on the right button then it will continually go right.

You are trying to over think something that is not there.
I remain press on the right, it always selects one by one
(2020-02-07, 14:18)shkop Wrote: I remain press on the right, it always selects one by one

It might be because you are using a shield rather than a PC. It is just scrolling through items fast and not an animation. If say for example I am on A and I wanted to get to B quickly, then I would just keep my button pressed until I get to B.

Mine scrolls one by one but at a fast rate, it is nothing special, do not over think things.
(2020-02-07, 15:01)Video Titles Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 14:18)shkop Wrote: I remain press on the right, it always selects one by one

It might be because you are using a shield rather than a PC. It is just scrolling through items fast and not an animation. If say for example I am on A and I wanted to get to B quickly, then I would just keep my button pressed until I get to B.

Mine scrolls one by one but at a fast rate, it is nothing special, do not over think things.  
Its not because he is using the Shield it scrolls fast like a PC thats what I use. I actually made the video shkop referenced with my Shield it has to be something else.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
shkop what remote control are you using on your Shield TV?
this is not the official remote control

(2020-02-07, 16:01)shkop Wrote: this is not the official remote control

yeah i dont have that particular one but i use a few similar ones holding down on the right or left pad longer than a second should start the fast movement like Netflix.
Can anyone explain what appears to be two sets of widgets for each menu item?
The first one I understand  you unlock the hubs in the skin settings and then go back to the home page, select the menu you want ti configure then add the widgets you want to appear as rows of videos and then you lock the hubs again when you're finished. I get that part and have it mostly set up (although I'm frustrated by the limited number of hubs available - I wanted to use one for each of my main add-ons; Netflix, Amazon, Discovery+, iPlayer etc but adding "New Hub" in the shortcut settings is only possible once, any subsequent adds have the same window ID of 1112 so they become duplicates instead of new hubs).
Anyway, that aside, the second set of widets I talked about are in the Configure Shortcuts page of the skin settings where it allows you to add eiht widgets for each menu item but adding widgets here appears to do nothing at all. The only exception seems to be the Home menu that is pre-loaded with a bunch of widgets that seem to do the exact same thing as the widgets added in the other method on the other menus.

What am I missing here? Why the two different widget sections? What's the difference? And finally, can I somehow add more unique hubs independent of those already in use?

This is a really cool skin and in my opinion, the first one that places Kodi as a real contender with the interfaces of mainstream services. I utterly despise the horizontal menus as in Rapier, confluence and the multitude of others that are essentially the same skin with a different colourscheme. Estuary was more pleasing, easier to use but the mostly text menu navigation still left it lacking in terms of overall experience. Titan Bingie Mod's Netflix stylings are a breakthrough for Kodi (although using Netflix logos and branding might not be such a great idea). It makes the whole Kodi system a much nicer place to be. It's nice to look at and easier to use, however it's a real shame that the same can't be said for setting it up and configuration. There are literally hundreds of settings to wade through, some are obvious as to what they do, others not so much. It really needs either a setup wizard to guide you through the process or some comprehensive documentation explaining what each setting does and how to do certain tasks. I spent hours in the Configure Shortcuts screen, adding sub-menus and widgets etc, only to discover that none of it actually did anything when I went back to the main screen hoping to see my videos all laid out Netflix-style!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add more widgets1