Tagging a Live Album
I have a live album which is one file. Tracks quite often blend into each other. I don't wont to split the tracks to tag them. Is there another way to Tag this file so it will list all the songs on it.
Yeah, you can use a cue sheet.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/Cue_sheets  Do note however, that support in Kodi for cue sheets is limited and it is extremely unlikely to be improved or changed.

Do bear in mind though that even if you do split the tracks, Kodi can do gapless playback so it's unlikely when listening to them that you will be able to tell they are separated.  Splitting them will also allow you to use the full range of tags that Kodi understands, rather than the very limited set within a cue sheet.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-01-09, 20:26)black_eagle Wrote: Yeah, you can use a cue sheet.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/Cue_sheets  Do note however, that support in Kodi for cue sheets is limited and it is extremely unlikely to be improved or changed.

Do bear in mind though that even if you do split the tracks, Kodi can do gapless playback so it's unlikely when listening to them that you will be able to tell they are separated.  Splitting them will also allow you to use the full range of tags that Kodi understands, rather than the very limited set within a cue sheet.
Thanks for the reply.
How do I set it for gapless playback
Just make sure that cross-fading is turned off.  I have quite a few DJ mixes and concept albums that have tracks that run from one into another seamlessly.  Kodi plays them all perfectly with no discernible gap at all.

If you want to try it, make a copy of your live album and then cut it into tracks.  As long as you don't add silence at the start or end of any tracks you should be fine.  Tag them with enough stuff to be able to scan them into the library and once you have, find the album and choose play from the context menu.  Kodi should queue up the whole lot and play from start to finish with no gaps.

I actually put on Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album just to check that I was right before I answered.  It's now on the fourth track, but plays as seamlessly as the vinyl version I bought all those years ago.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-01-10, 00:16)black_eagle Wrote: Just make sure that cross-fading is turned off.  I have quite a few DJ mixes and concept albums that have tracks that run from one into another seamlessly.  Kodi plays them all perfectly with no discernible gap at all.

If you want to try it, make a copy of your live album and then cut it into tracks.  As long as you don't add silence at the start or end of any tracks you should be fine.  Tag them with enough stuff to be able to scan them into the library and once you have, find the album and choose play from the context menu.  Kodi should queue up the whole lot and play from start to finish with no gaps.

I actually put on Marillion's Misplaced Childhood album just to check that I was right before I answered.  It's now on the fourth track, but plays as seamlessly as the vinyl version I bought all those years ago.

Tried it and it works .
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tagging a Live Album0