Android VFS.SFTP not installing properly on any of my Android devices (Kodi 18.5)
I discovered a problem this evening with my Kodi 18.5 Android devices, suddenly most of them wouldn't start KODI.

I had to remove the KODI App data to get it to start again, and then when I tried to set them up for my system, I found that VFS.SFTP would not install properly

On the one set top box that hadn't auto updated, and is still on version 1.0.3, it can still access the media server fine.

When I manually try to install VFS.SFTP on a clean Android system, it attempts to install version 1.0.4, complains at 50% that it can't be complete due to an unknown fault, but appears to install, this is however unable to connect to my media server.

On the machines that auto updated, and I haven't cleared the app data on, Kodi fails to start.

Does anyone know a work-around to get VFS.SFTP working again? Is there a simple way to rollback VFS.SFTP to v1.0.3?

Cheers
Gordon
Bug 
(2020-01-10, 01:10)mccraeg Wrote: I discovered a problem this evening with my Kodi 18.5 Android devices, suddenly most of them wouldn't start KODI.

I had to remove the KODI App data to get it to start again, and then when I tried to set them up for my system, I found that VFS.SFTP would not install properly

On the one set top box that hadn't auto updated, and is still on version 1.0.3, it can still access the media server fine.

When I manually try to install VFS.SFTP on a clean Android system, it attempts to install version 1.0.4, complains at 50% that it can't be complete due to an unknown fault, but appears to install, this is however unable to connect to my media server.

On the machines that auto updated, and I haven't cleared the app data on, Kodi fails to start.

Does anyone know a work-around to get VFS.SFTP working again? Is there a simple way to rollback VFS.SFTP to v1.0.3?

Cheers
Gordon

I've since re-tested on all of my Android boxes, and installing KODI from scratch, then attempting to install the VFS.SFTP addon, closing Kodi and restarting results in Kodi failing to start, so it does seem to be an issue with the add-on not installing properly. Does anyone know how I can specifically install the previous (v1.0.3) version? Also, the only way I've found so far to get KODI to work again after VFS.SFTP's failed install is to delete all KODI data in Android, is there any simpler way to delete just the VFS.SFTP plugin in Android?
(2020-01-11, 19:27)mccraeg Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 01:10)mccraeg Wrote: I discovered a problem this evening with my Kodi 18.5 Android devices, suddenly most of them wouldn't start KODI.

Cheers
Gordon

I've since re-tested on all of my Android boxes, and installing KODI from scratch, then attempting to install the VFS.SFTP addon, closing Kodi and restarting results in Kodi failing to start, so it does seem to be an issue with the add-on not installing properly. Does anyone know how I can specifically install the previous (v1.0.3) version? Also, the only way I've found so far to get KODI to work again after VFS.SFTP's failed install is to delete all KODI data in Android, is there any simpler way to delete just the VFS.SFTP plugin in Android?

I've found a comment on GitHub relating to this issue, for which the developer has publish a new version 1.0.5 to fix the problem.

https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.sftp/issues/48
Have a read of this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350827  Solution is in there until the addon is fixed (which is in the works).
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VFS.SFTP not installing properly on any of my Android devices (Kodi 18.5)0