Assigning files to episodes (semi-)automatically?
I have recently downloaded a lot of children's programmes from the archives of a public broadcaster* and am now trying to sort them.
Two questions regarding this:

1. Is there any way to have tinymm automatically assign episode/season numbers based on the filename?
2. Is there any way to have the air date displayed when searching for episodes? Currently it is only episode/season/name and I cannot seem to change this.

Thanks!

==========
"Die Sendung mit dem/der Elefanten/Maus" for German-speaking parents
One other question: sometimes, when I try to assign an episode to a file manually by searching for the episode, it does not 'stick'. As if the file were read-only but I checked and all are writable. Any idea where this comes from?

(using tinymm 3.0.5 on Windows10).
- "guessing" of episode number from the file name is not implemented since that won't work in most cases (just imagine that you probably won't  have the file name 1:1 to the episode name from the scraper; and allowing a little inaccuracy here opens the doors for false positives which must be avoided). to detect the right episode you need at least the SxxExx pattern in the file name or assign them manually like you do
- the bug from your second post will be fixed in v3.1
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-01-10, 17:55)mlaggner Wrote: - "guessing" of episode number from the file name is not implemented since that won't work in most cases (just imagine that you probably won't  have the file name 1:1 to the episode name from the scraper; and allowing a little inaccuracy here opens the doors for false positives which must be avoided). to detect the right episode you need at least the SxxExx pattern in the file name or assign them manually like you do
- the bug from your second post will be fixed in v3.1

Thanks for the info and can confirm that the bug was no longer present with 3.1. Smile
(2020-01-13, 12:25)Cantello Wrote: Thanks for the info and can confirm that the bug was no longer present with 3.1.  

With 3.1.4 (great version number!) I have re-encountered the bug. All files are writable, the season & episode are set in the 'edit selected episodes' window, the metadata has been scraped but the S & E do not stick so that tmm can rename the episodes.

Any ideas?
so solely the renamer does nothing? could you try to do exactly what is not working, extract the logs and open an issue at gitlab? (with full logs I may get a better feeling what your are talking about..)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-04-06, 13:46)mlaggner Wrote: so solely the renamer does nothing? could you try to do exactly what is not working, extract the logs and open an issue at gitlab? (with full logs I may get a better feeling what your are talking about..)

I have now submitted an issue, hopefully this explains it a bit better. I could do a video again to show what happens, if this help.
https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/840

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assigning files to episodes (semi-)automatically?0