Can't Restore Backup
I have two firesticks, one got jacked up somehow so I took a backup of the good one and attempted to restore, initially due to the issues on the bad one, none of the menu options worked. So I completely uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled. I then installed the Backup app. When I attempt to restore, however, it fails immediately. The log file tells me that the zip file is invalid. I have verified that it is not invalid. I did another backup for good measure and attempted to restore that with the same results. Any thoughts? Or is there another backup app I can try? I've had no issues using Backup up until this point. I have Kodi 18.5 installed and no addons other than Backup.
(2020-01-10, 17:23)aantiix Wrote: I have Kodi 18.5 installed and no addons other than Backup.

Okay, I'll bite. Which exact Backup Addon are you using, because there is one in the Kodi repository, but there is also one being (re)developed elsewhere on the forum.
Also where are you backing up to? And restoring from? Is it a zip file, or a .tar.gz file?

And as always, a debug log (wiki) can always be helpful.
(2020-01-10, 18:36)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 17:23)aantiix Wrote: I have Kodi 18.5 installed and no addons other than Backup.

Okay, I'll bite. Which exact Backup Addon are you using, because there is one in the Kodi repository, but there is also one being (re)developed elsewhere on the forum.
Also where are you backing up to? And restoring from? Is it a zip file, or a .tar.gz file?

And as always, a debug log (wiki) can always be helpful. 

I'm using the one in the Kodi repository. I backed up the file locally to my firestick, then transfered to a computer, then transferred to the other firestick. Same way I have done in the past without issue. File is a .zip file as is created by default. I didn't attempted to re compress. 

Anyways, what I ended up doing was just reconfiguring the one manually based on side by side comparison to the good one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Restore Backup0