• 21(current)
Stream address is not recognized
That’s perfect. Thanks @molo
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
If known yet: in which official version(s) of Kodi will the patches be included for using Standard PVR IPTV-Simple client?
And, if not inside offical Kodi - which nightly versions? (18, 19)
In which offical version of ffmpegdirect will the patches be included?
With which version of Kodi will this work together?
Is the ffmpegdirect patch more or less standalone or does it depend on some parts of the Kodi patch we have discussed (i.e. correctly parsing rttp://source@ip:host URLs and translating them to the ffmpeg synthax with sources=...)?

Was the patch accepted at ffmpeg? (My original? The later somewhat more complicated one?) 
Is it known yet, in which official ffmpeg release it will be included?
The patch will only be in kodi 19 and should be in the current nightlies. It's also in ffmpegdirect and has been for a while. 

It has not been accepted in ffmpeg yet, but will only be in in 4.3 assuming it is accepted in time. As it's a new feature it won't be allowed in the 4.2 branch. I had some reviews of the more complex one recently, we'll just have to wait and see. I havn't been keeping up with it so much. Real life took over this past while.
Thanks for your answer. 

Sorry if my questions sounds stupid - while I was able to compile and patch current code, I don't have much knowledge about the dependences/versions ... Can you please also answer that part (the second question, I cite the first question for the context)?

<<<
>>>

When it is not part of official ffmpeg yet, you seem to have found a good method, to patch ffmpeg while building Kodi and ffmpegdirect, yes? 
Can you please give me a pointer, where to find that?
Hi guys,

Is the multicast working now.

As far as I understand I need to install:
Kodi Nightly latest
Inputstream 1.8.2

Do you have correct m3u format?

Anything else I missed?

Thanks
(2020-04-13, 20:48)buers Wrote: Thanks for your answer. 

Sorry if my questions sounds stupid - while I was able to compile and patch current code, I don't have much knowledge about the dependences/versions ... Can you please also answer that part (the second question, I cite the first question for the context)?

<<<
>>>

When it is not part of official ffmpeg yet, you seem to have found a good method, to patch ffmpeg while building Kodi and ffmpegdirect, yes? 
Can you please give me a pointer, where to find that?
I would just use ffmpegdirect 1.8.2. You will need kodi built in the last few days (as there was an inputsream API change). 

But you shouldn't need ffmpegdirect to use this. Any version of kodi from the last month or so should work as there is also a patch included with Kodi's ffmpeg in v19.

What I ended up doing is building ffmpeg standalone with static libs. Then I copied the libs into a prebuilt kodi folder and used that. It's clunky and hard to manage but it works but only because the it was easy to match the versions. In short, I didn't find a nice way to do this.
(2020-04-13, 21:52)B0Besh Wrote: Hi guys,

Is the multicast working now.

As far as I understand I need to install:
Kodi Nightly latest
Inputstream 1.8.2

Do you have correct m3u format?

Anything else I missed?

Thanks

Yes, you should be able to use latest kodi 19 nightly and/or ffmpegdirect.

If you want to use ffmpegdirect you need to pass a property in the M3U like this:

Code:
#KODIPROP:inputstreamclass=inputstream.ffmpegdirect
#EXTINF:-1,(1) Das Erste SD
rtp://[email protected]:10000

Without that property it should also work through kodi. The choice is yours.
@buers

The patch was merged! Thanks so much for the endless hours of help with this. So the fix will be in ffmpeg 4.3.

In the meantime kodi and ffmpegdirect will contain the patch so should continue to work from here on. Kodi 19 only.
Thanks, @phunkyfish, for the feedback on this. And of course also for managing to get the patch into official ffmpeg. Independant of Kodi, it will be interesting to see, how long it will take, until the patch will be available in the many ffmpeg use cases. I.e. the enigma2 receivers also have a problem with the SSM method in rtp. (The "faking it was UDP trick" is working for my box).

One thing I lost track: Will Kodi also support the ffmpeg style synthax of rtp://@ip:port?sources=sourceip? (Not that I'd consider that important - I'd just like to know …)

EDIT: And another thing I lost track: Will it also contain your pthreads vs. windows native threads patch? (That "circular buffer requires pthreads" error message, we had seen in Kodi and in ffmpeg command line with rtp streams under Windows only)
@buers I didn’t try the ffmpeg format but I think from kodi it should just work like that.

It will use native windows threads. There were two other fixes that went in to support the same functionality to not have to switch to pthreads.

They will be all out of the box with no patches in 4.3.
Thanks. It is getting slightly offtopic for the Kodi-forum, but of course still related to our discussion. I tried a nightly ffmpeg build today on Windows 10 Pro with the rtp-streams we are discussing here: it works :-) I also looked at the final patch in the ffmpeg git. Well, I won't repeat my former comments. In the end, the result is working …

Still off-topic. Feel free to ignore or give advice to address this somewhere else … Is there an easy/recommended way, to try Windows nightly Kodi builds, that will not interfere with an installed Kodi 18.16 and does peacefully coexist with such an installation and does not need something like installing a virtual machine?
I think there is a solution around portable mode or something on windows.

Let me try and find out.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode

All the windows devs use it
Something is also supposed to be possible with Mac:
Code:
kodi.bin -p
Thanks, works perfectly! The Windows portable installation, the normal PVR IPTV simple client stream and also the inputstream.ffmpegdirect stream. But you knew that already ...

However, 
(2020-04-22, 08:43)phunkyfish Wrote:  @buers I didn’t try the ffmpeg format but I think from kodi it should just work like that.

the ffmpeg format does not work. (Neither did it work in my self compiled Linux binary - so I didn't really expect it working. Unless you had added another patch in between)

No problem for me, when the other format is working … 

If you want to have a look, I can easily provide a log. But just leaving it as is will be the easiest option :-)
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream address is not recognized1