Best settings for video plugin internet streaming?
Question 
What are the best settings and XBMC SVN to use to get the best results from the Video Plugins posted here.

Settings as far cache size for internet video and audio.

I have just started messing around with the video plugins and any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2mb cable internet connection hardwired straight to my xbox.

Thanks everyone.

Hopefully there will be other readers here that can benefit from this information as well.Laugh
Sorry about posting again, but I was wondering if anything would help the buffering every 45 seconds and the drops.

My wife keeps complaining about it.
if the site streaming have enough bandwidth you shouldn't experience any buffering. if but most have limited resources and there is not a lot to be done except finding decent streams. you could but your internet cache to maximum and may be a little longer before buffing but it'll take longer to load
it depends on the server speed of the media provider and the times that you access it.

if it`s china - youku/tudou then you compete with the whole of the chinese nation - so wait until they are sleeping or working - just pick a time.

Veoh/ megavideo/crunchyroll/zshare/google/youtube/guba/livevideo - fine in general.
ok sounds great, for the tv shows on ninja video I have my cache set to 8mb and just pause the show until the cache is full. I don't seem to have a problem with buffering when it comes to that.

I also tried the same thin with office space on ninja as well.

I have updated the firmware in my wireless router that the xbox is plugged into.

I have it set up to my cable modem and we have the 2mb plan.

my desktop upstairs is running from a wireless NIC to the router the xbox is on.

had loads of problems with dvd streaming skipping and buffering issues now all is well with the new firmware.

Thanks you guys for the reply.

Keep up the awesome work Voinage, here is a salute from a war vet. You've got my vote.
Hey I have 24mbit down, the servers you're trying to download or stream the movie from sometimes are crappy. Try a different one or try again later, or see if you can download the movie/TV-show instead of streaming, that'll fix any and all buffer issues.
Ok, new problem it seems. Everything buffers and streams without a problem, buffer never goes below 80%.

I watch Ninja Video only because it has the highest quality streams.

Now it seems that I can start episodes and movies without a problem and I will pause it and let the cache fill up and it never runs down after that. The problem is, that when I am watching any content it will all of a sudden act like I am watching a scrathed dvd.

Artifacts will cover the screen the audio will make weird noises, like watching a recording of a scratched dvd.

Anyways my buffer will drop to 0 and it will continue to give me problems, and eventually I have to exit out of the video or the xbox will sometime lock up.

I will post a bug report if that helps, but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks guys.
I have the same thing here, with movies and episodes of tv-shows. I'm not sure if it's the source file because i've never tested it on the site trough my pc yet.

However, if you hit B and then A to start it again it'll resume near where it left off (seems like a bunch of data is corrupt.) Maybe it's caused by bad caching?
It runs fine through my pc so I am pretty sure its not a corrupt file.

ALso movies are good as well on my pc throughout the same spots.

So would that mean it is a caching problem?

How would I fix that? would I have to turn off the cache for network and internet streams? I would think that internet streams would suffer greatly from this.

I would just download them from ninja video but for some reason it just quits and says it failed on my pc and xbox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best settings for video plugin internet streaming?0