Is this notebook enough question
Question 
Hi,
I’m aiming to use an old Dell 7450 Notebook, that is Core i5-5200U Processor with integrated Video, 16MB Ram running Windows 10.
Output will be HDMI max 1080p, no 3D. Am I shooting my own foot with this idea?
I tried matching the Kodi Wiki Windows page to the Wikipedia Intel GPU page but I’m not really sure… should that be enough for 8-bit HEVC?
Intel lists this cpu as “Products formerly Broadwell”, https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows#Requirements recommends Braswell for 1080p HEVC, which I think is the same architecture as Broadwell with less clock speeds and shaders.
I’m currently operating on zero cost; reading through the hardware guides the alternative would be Amazon Firestick, some low-cost android box (and probably change that at least every year due to OS degradation or lack of security updates) or maybe a Shield2 (putting out decent money).
BTW audio will go by HDMI from notebook to the TV, from there via TOSlink TV audio out to my old amplifier without HDMI ports Pioneer VSX-D912 (not –k, this one is from the early 2000s) supporting DTS 5.1. Currently connected with short coax audio to previous notebook not capable of HDMI audio output (now burned out, an old Thinkpad with brain damaged HDMI hardware). Yes I know all this means no 10-bit audio, I’m OK with that.
Thanks
Heiko
The CPU cannot do hevc in hardware, but it software decoding hevc 1080p should be no issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this notebook enough question0