v19 DB smb strFilename problem with v19 after upgrade.
So basically i did update old kodi release on my apple tv, and sure i havnt tested this in other os releases.

the smb or rar strFilename in mysql has been changed, since i had an str "rar://smb%3a%2f%2fjoker%2fshare%2ftv%2fmy_movie.rar/my_movie.mkv" that did follow from the old database to the new created one with the update ( xbmc_video107 -> xbmc_video116 ).

The problem is i was not able to see the watched mark on the file, i also couldn't see the mark that i have been watched some time of the movie, but when i selected the movie it asked me if i wanted to resume. even when manually select "watched" the database updated the playCount but still could see the mark for watched.

After few minutes i could see that the strFilename was diffrent form example a new file, i notice the problem is where smb has "%2f" but works fine with "%2F", but still funny that it does remember information like resume even if it was "%2f" but just couldn't show it in the files list.

This fixed for me:
UPDATE files SET strFilename = REPLACE(strFilename, '%2f', '%2F') WHERE strFilename LIKE ('rar://smb%3A%2F%2Fjoker%2Fshare%2Ftv%2F%');:

my smb url is diffrent from others so please dont ask me why it isnt working Wink
Does this only happen with files in rar archives?
(2020-01-14, 21:45)Fuzzard Wrote: Does this only happen with files in rar archives?

Unsure, but i could test, give me few sec.
(2020-01-14, 21:49)tabm0de Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 21:45)Fuzzard Wrote: Does this only happen with files in rar archives?

Unsure, but i could test, give me few sec. 
Only rar, since non rar archives use file names only in strFilename and no "url" string.
Is it a display only problem? ie. watch something to get a watch state, stop, go back a view (previous folder), and then back in. Does the watch state then show correctly?

I thought i remembered a display issue like that around watched state in the not too distant past, that i also thought was resolved. But this may not have been a use case (vfs plugin) that was considered/tested at the time.
(2020-01-14, 22:56)Fuzzard Wrote: Is it a display only problem? ie. watch something to get a watch state, stop, go back a view (previous folder), and then back in. Does the watch state then show correctly?

I thought i remembered a display issue like that around watched state in the not too distant past, that i also thought was resolved. But this may not have been a use case (vfs plugin) that was considered/tested at the time.
No even restarting kodi it still wouldnt show watch stage, just the standard ”dot”, as soon i did the replacment in db from %2f to %2F it worked fine. But still strange that it did update playCount and was able to resume where i left out before doing the replace in db but not just show it.
I had a chat to some of the other team members, and they dont believe the sql queries are case sensitive at all. 

Ive never used vfs.rar, and dont have anything to really test/check with to try and replicate.

I know this may sound like a cop out, but im going to say that officially we dont support any builds prior to the new master nightlies for tvos, which would include any db updates i guess. If you can check whether this occurs on another platform (linux/windows/android), i guess we could leave the github issue open.

I dont believe anything we use in tvos platform code would have anything to do with the issue, so it wouldnt surprise me if the issue was able to be replicated on other platforms, but probably not going to get too much uptake on trying to troubleshoot it for now sorry. Debuglogs would absolutely be necessary in either case.

Good that you have a workaround, and if anyone else comes across something like this, thats good info to have for now.
(2020-01-15, 07:39)Fuzzard Wrote: I had a chat to some of the other team members, and they dont believe the sql queries are case sensitive at all. 

Ive never used vfs.rar, and dont have anything to really test/check with to try and replicate.

I know this may sound like a cop out, but im going to say that officially we dont support any builds prior to the new master nightlies for tvos, which would include any db updates i guess. If you can check whether this occurs on another platform (linux/windows/android), i guess we could leave the github issue open.

I dont believe anything we use in tvos platform code would have anything to do with the issue, so it wouldnt surprise me if the issue was able to be replicated on other platforms, but probably not going to get too much uptake on trying to troubleshoot it for now sorry. Debuglogs would absolutely be necessary in either case.

Good that you have a workaround, and if anyone else comes across something like this, thats good info to have for now.
I completely understand, at least it may help some peoples as you said Wink i could try windows also just for fun. I just happy that it does exist on apple tv.
As i said, do try on another platform, if we can get a Debug Log, then maybe someone can look into whats happening. May be a vfs.rar addon issue, or it maybe a data migration issue, hard to say one way or another without any logs, and i want to rule out anything funky that the old memphiz builds were based on.
(2020-01-15, 10:40)Fuzzard Wrote: As i said, do try on another platform, if we can get a Debug Log, then maybe someone can look into whats happening. May be a vfs.rar addon issue, or it maybe a data migration issue, hard to say one way or another without any logs, and i want to rule out anything funky that the old memphiz builds were based on.

Just a fast test with KodiSetup-20200114-93974255-master-x64.exe and it was the same problem, log is coming.

not working, strFilename contains %2f:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ofimopajef.kodi

not working, strFilename contains %2f , debug mode:
https://paste.kodi.tv/tegiyuqavu.kodi

working, strFilename contains %2F:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uburesiciq.kodi

working, strFilename contains %2F , debug mode:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vulisuxofa.kodi

this is the log from windows version not apple tv.
Cheers, I assume it was you who raised the similar issue in GitHub?
If so, couple you add the logs to that issue, and also comment that it occurs on windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DB smb strFilename problem with v19 after upgrade.0