Another EAC3 Passthough topic
Hi guys,

like the title partly mentioned, I have some problem with passing-through EAC3 to my Denon AVR X3500h (can play all sound format).
My configuration looks like:
- Ubuntu 18.04 Server with ASrock J4205-ITX motherboard.
- Server ==(HDMI)==> Denon AVR X3500h ==(HDMI)==> TV. 
- Kodi 18.5 directly on the host machine.

All other formats like AC3, DTS work just fine. The receiver shows the correct sound format. But there is no sound if EAC3 format is played. Turning passthrough off for eac3 and using output like 5.1 or 7.1, I get some cracking noise. Turning eac3 passthrough off + 2 channel output, normal sound are played.
I tried with plex server and emby server, both can play the sound with at least 5.1 (streaming with my TV), but they are some how very slow with lots of buffering.
Do you guys have any idea how to fix it?
Which version of the lspcon are you using? The hdmi firmware I mean.

Have a J4205 myself and it works with a demon x1300
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-01-15, 08:05)fritsch Wrote: Which version of the lspcon are you using? The hdmi firmware I mean.

Have a J4205 myself and it works with a demon x1300

nice. I am not sure, which lspcon version i am using. How can i see that? I have never installed Windows, so i guess i am on the default version less than 1.76?
But i just flashed the BIOS to latest version 1.80.
Bios is not enough. The lspcon has an own fw tool which is windows only.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for the tip. I found the article in this forum from which I got the link to the firmware (looks for asrock j4205 sdmi cec and scroll a bit). After upgrading lspcon to version 1.66 passthrough works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another EAC3 Passthough topic0