• 7(current)
Beta Sling
Thank you for the info. I will need to read those posts.
(2020-02-02, 19:38)clones Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 08:01)clones Wrote:  

add the debug file to see if it can be figured out what this kodi crashes on this computer: https://pastebin.com/AWZrtWrb  
Hi @d21spike  wanted to check on the changes in the addon to see if it is working with some of the crashes (see debug log above), two of my systems, kodi crashes and shuts down after a few hours, and the other when playing live tv, is stopping every half hour (it appears the system is trying to upload the guide). If I can post another debug log let me know.
0.88 fixed things for me too. Thanks
If someone's post helps you out, click the thank user button.
Ok, I switched over to this Sling addon because the original one stopped working. This one work better but with some issues.

I'm running on a RPi3 running LibreLec 9.0.2, Kodi 18.2, MythTV DVR Addon (configured with HDHomerun sources).
Sometimes the guide info integrates into the TV guide but as soon as the MythTV reloads/updates guide data, the sling channels leave the guide. If I force update the channels from Sling addon, the channels come back. 

The other issue is the playback is very unreliable. About every minute or two, I experience severe buffering. Actually it's not buffering, it's a freeze. The circle does not show and wait, it just stops dead for a few to several seconds, then the buffering circle comes up and playback goes into double speed until it catches up. Otherwise things seem to be progressing.

I have monitored my network just incase the network is an issue and it isn't. I also have a FireStick with SlingTV installed and it works flawlessly unless I have a wifi issue. My RPi3 is has wired network.

If you need a guinea pig for testing my type of configuration, feel free.
Any chance of getting subtitles working?
(2020-02-03, 23:04)clones Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 19:38)clones Wrote: add the debug file to see if it can be figured out what this kodi crashes on this computer: https://pastebin.com/AWZrtWrb   
Hi @d21spike  wanted to check on the changes in the addon to see if it is working with some of the crashes (see debug log above), two of my systems, kodi crashes and shuts down after a few hours, and the other when playing live tv, is stopping every half hour (it appears the system is trying to upload the guide). If I can post another debug log let me know.       

I've been actively working on it, that's why I changed the way the EPG was being created. My thought is it's related to the interaction of IPTV and the guide files, specifically if the add-on is in the process of updating them.

With your log specifically I included a screenshot. As you can see it goes from a left mouse click to a complete shutdown with no relevant information in between.

(2020-02-04, 02:08)hackthis02 Wrote: 0.88 fixed things for me too. Thanks

Glad it worked for you.
(2020-02-04, 04:49)Smallmountains Wrote: Ok, I switched over to this Sling addon because the original one stopped working. This one work better but with some issues.

I'm running on a RPi3 running LibreLec 9.0.2, Kodi 18.2, MythTV DVR Addon (configured with HDHomerun sources).
Sometimes the guide info integrates into the TV guide but as soon as the MythTV reloads/updates guide data, the sling channels leave the guide. If I force update the channels from Sling addon, the channels come back. 

The other issue is the playback is very unreliable. About every minute or two, I experience severe buffering. Actually it's not buffering, it's a freeze. The circle does not show and wait, it just stops dead for a few to several seconds, then the buffering circle comes up and playback goes into double speed until it catches up. Otherwise things seem to be progressing.

I have monitored my network just incase the network is an issue and it isn't. I also have a FireStick with SlingTV installed and it works flawlessly unless I have a wifi issue. My RPi3 is has wired network.

If you need a guinea pig for testing my type of configuration, feel free.

The EPG is currently a work in progress, specifically the stability of it. Generally speaking Sling add-on only points IPTV Simple to where it can find the guide files (self-generated.) That said, I have come across instances where the Sling Guide ends up blank, particularly when a user is trying to access the guide and IPTV is rebuilding it. Still working out the kinks in this one. Biggest hurdle right now is, the add-on has no way of automatically telling IPTV to update it's stuff once new guide data is retrieved. Currently a work around is employed by disabling and re-enabling IPTV simple but clearly this isn't the best solution and actually may be part of the problem if this happens during execution. I should note that IPTV Simple in Kodi 19 does introduce an auto-refresh mode as quickly as every 15 minutes.

On the topic of playback, this one isn't exactly Sling add-on related as much as it is the components handling the playback. Another user is experiencing similar issues and I touch on this in my reply here...
(2020-02-03, 17:44)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-01-29, 21:27)bds3151 Wrote: Logfile is at https://paste.kodi.tv/izadaqagac 

This log definitely shows some connection issues so much so it even fails to contact a kodi mirror. I do see the audio sync issues you referenced but what I think may be more related is lines like this:
Logfile izadaqagac  Wrote:2020-01-29 08:57:14.300 T:12296 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled
2020-01-29 08:57:14.688 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: lost diff
2020-01-29 08:57:14.907 T:12792 NOTICE: DXVA::CDecoder::Close: closing decoder.
2020-01-29 08:57:15.189 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: calculated diff time: 33366
2020-01-29 08:57:15.823 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: lost diff
2020-01-29 08:57:16.223 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: calculated diff time: 33366
2020-01-29 08:57:16.840 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: lost diff

Closest reference I came across is here HLS Stream Buffering

Not sure what your network setup is but it does make most sense for it to be networking issues when multiple devices are affected. I would double check your settings, maybe try using a public DNS like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.4.4?      

(2020-02-04, 07:35)lhassell Wrote: Any chance of getting subtitles working?

There's an issue created on github here where I go into more detail on the topic. Short answer though, without changes to inputstream adaptive I don't believe subtitles will be coming too soon. It would require modification to that add-on specifically which would need coordination of the creator. With current work on the EPG and other stability issues that are within my (our) control, it's just not the biggest priority.
(2020-02-03, 17:44)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-01-29, 21:27)bds3151 Wrote: Logfile is at https://paste.kodi.tv/izadaqagac 

This log definitely shows some connection issues so much so it even fails to contact a kodi mirror. I do see the audio sync issues you referenced but what I think may be more related is lines like this:
Logfile izadaqagac  Wrote:2020-01-29 08:57:14.300 T:12296 NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled
2020-01-29 08:57:14.688 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: lost diff
2020-01-29 08:57:14.907 T:12792 NOTICE: DXVA::CDecoder::Close: closing decoder.
2020-01-29 08:57:15.189 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: calculated diff time: 33366
2020-01-29 08:57:15.823 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: lost diff
2020-01-29 08:57:16.223 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: calculated diff time: 33366
2020-01-29 08:57:16.840 T:12720 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::CDropControl: lost diff

Closest reference I came across is here HLS Stream Buffering

Not sure what your network setup is but it does make most sense for it to be networking issues when multiple devices are affected. I would double check your settings, maybe try using a public DNS like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.4.4?
(2020-01-30, 05:37)hackthis02 Wrote: Not sure if this is a issue with the add on or the data sling is sending back.

hostbusters was on BBC America tonight. When I when into the My TV > Recommend for me > Ghostbusters, I got this link that didn't work.
http://cbd46b77.cdn.cms.movetv.com/cms/p...ostbusters

I came out and went to channels and selected BBC America and it worked, giving me this link.
http://cbd46b77.cdn.cms.movetv.com/cms/a...%20America

Here is a full log if that helps. Log

Nice job investigating. Right idea but slightly different issue. Basically each channel has a "now" playlist that basically is "live" at all times. It can also have an itemized playlist as well, so if in your case it was Ghostbusters the playlist will reference the content instead of the channel, even though both playlists would play the same thing. Long story short, when it comes to stream decryption the channel id is required which the add-on didn't have at that point and time due to the content stream being referenced. Version 0.0.87 should address this issue (soon to be pushed.)
(2020-01-30, 19:14)hackthis02 Wrote: Another issue I found. If you have more then one recording of a show. None of them show up in My TV > Recordings.

I'll have to investigate this, shouldn't be dependent as each recording is processed individually going down the list.
(2020-01-31, 00:31)Shaboobala Wrote: This looks like an amazing app and was looking to get sling. I was wondering about the iptv simple client. Are you able to set recordings? Are the recordings stored locally or is it part of slings cloud DVR ? Thanks
Setting record is yet to be implemented. But truth be told, I do not forsee this happening through IPTV/guide. If anything this would be via context menu in the add-on
(2020-02-02, 08:01)clones Wrote: I have both sling & nextpvr channels in the live tv guide using iptv simple, the sling addon adds the m3u/epg settings into the iptv simple,

but after a while the nextpvr addon started changing the m3u/epg entries (from  C:\Users\Ohnesorge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.sling\sling_playlist.m3u  to http://192.168.1.3:9999/channels.m3u</) and (C:\Users\Ohnesorge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.sling\sling_epg.xml to http://192.168.1.3:9999/guide.xml) So then I get a pop up telling me that iptv simple needs to restart, and this continually happens

I am not sure the best way to post a debug log because the system has tended to crash while I am waiting for the nextpvr to hijack my settings. Usually it happens within about 20 minutes, & strangely is affecting another computer that I did not reinstall the nextpvr addon. 

The big change I pushed to the EPG is what you are referencing here. Instead of creating two files in the add-on directory to which IPTV references. The add-on now hosts a small web server and points IPTV to the hosted content. Each page is generated with current data from DB on request. This page is hosted at your http://"local ip":port "9999"/pages channels.m3u and guide.xml. So to reiterate, this is not nextpvr. I'm still working out the kinks in this but I hope it to be more stable than the previous method.
(2020-02-03, 06:14)hackthis02 Wrote: Recording aren't working. Looking at the log file it looks like it might be an issue with widevine DRM? Is anyone else seeing this or just me?

Log File

This log does not have Sling debugging turned on unfortunately. I just tested two recordings and they worked. I'll keep an eye on this. 
Re:Buffering - I found out that, after watching for a long time,  the buffering actually was happening on the Win10/Sling app as well as the Kodi addon version. I isolated the issue to my Asus router and replaced. The buffering has now gone from 30+ times a day to 1 very short (1sec) daily. Thanks for your help on this.
(2020-02-05, 17:51)bds3151 Wrote: Re:Buffering - I found out that, after watching for a long time,  the buffering actually was happening on the Win10/Sling app as well as the Kodi addon version. I isolated the issue to my Asus router and replaced. The buffering has now gone from 30+ times a day to 1 very short (1sec) daily. Thanks for your help on this. 

That's great, glad to hear it. Definitely makes sense, surprised other things weren't affected.
It appears the updates (up to .90) have been effective, as I am not seeing Kodi crashes, or interruptions in playing live tv so far. The only small thing I noted this morning, was in the channel guide,  where I had set the channel number locations, the sling channels had reset to the original channel numbers.
(2020-02-06, 17:49)clones Wrote: It appears the updates (up to .90) have been effective, as I am not seeing Kodi crashes, or interruptions in playing live tv so far. The only small thing I noted this morning, was in the channel guide,  where I had set the channel number locations, the sling channels had reset to the original channel numbers.

That's good to hear, it's been my experience as well. In regards to channel numbering, the playlist file is generated on the fly upon request and specifically it's generated alphabetically in terms of playlist order. It then is imported by IPTV Simple. Only things that would change this order would the removal/addition of channels such as subscription changes and/or hiding a channel via the add-on. IPTV Simple defaults to starting numbering at 1, unless changed to something else the playlist will be numbered accordingly. One step further in Kodi settings, you have the options to "Use channel order from backend(s)", "User channel numbers from backend", and "Start group channels from 1". Might be worth while playing with some of those settings to see if your experience improves. You call also try using cache in IPTV Simple and/or "Store data in database" under "Guide" in Kodi settings.

The process in general goes flows like this: Backend (the add-on playlist) -> PVR Client (IPTV Simple) -> PVR Frontend (Kodi). As already stated, the playlist is alphabetic. The client just goes down list starting at 1, unless otherwise specified. Lastly, the frontend does final customization. I'm not sure as to the mechanic that would remove your customization's albeit perhaps down the road it may be an option to custom order the playlist or at the very least give certain channels priority to the top.
Can't play channels again. Log says license update failed.  I'm on Sling .94.
(2020-02-07, 21:14)bds3151 Wrote: Can't play channels again. Log says license update failed.  I'm on Sling .94.

I would try again, currently watching with no issue. Also that's not quite the error I recall from before so a log will be helpful.
(2020-02-08, 04:38)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 21:14)bds3151 Wrote: Can't play channels again. Log says license update failed.  I'm on Sling .94.

I would try again, currently watching with no issue. Also that's not quite the error I recall from before so a log will be helpful. 
Tried again - still not working. Log -https://paste.kodi.tv/kuqaxuhoya
(2020-02-08, 05:04)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 04:38)d21spike Wrote:

Definitely getting a 403. Can you toggle "Enable Debugging [Log Errors]" via Sling add-on settings and try playing something, via guide is sufficient or whichever is easiest. Then provide me that log. I tried two separate devices, even the same channel "Food Network" all with no issues.
(2020-02-08, 05:20)d21spike Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 05:04)bds3151 Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 04:38)d21spike Wrote: I would try again, currently watching with no issue. Also that's not quite the error I recall from before so a log will be helpful.   

Definitely getting a 403. Can you toggle "Enable Debugging [Log Errors]" via Sling add-on settings and try playing something, via guide is sufficient or whichever is easiest. Then provide me that log. I tried two separate devices, even the same channel "Food Network" all with no issues. 
I did have debugging on on the last log and tried several channels. Now getting log file too large to upload.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0