• 28(current)
Beta Sling
Thanks @matthuisman and @d21spike. I tried several months ago but never felt I Had it working correctly. have had it working now for a day. I think all the inputstream problems had me enabling/disabling addons and caused the confusion. Whatever setting i had wrong before are now correct. Thanks for helping. I need no further integration in IPTV Simple.

As far as the sling guide issues, I have two libreelec setups with flirc usb input devices using an ir remote. I tried enabling/disabling kodi touch support but still no hightlighed selection in the guide.
Recording: I was thinking “series recording”.
Updating the guide info, I Like the ability to turn off/ on displaying the update. Once I turn the system over to the family to use, less information is more.
One more thought, are you planning a link inside the Sling app to the Sling guide app? It would be a little confusing for them to understand the additional sling app.

Thanks for everything
(2021-05-05, 15:11)hagertyoh Wrote: Thanks @matthuisman and @d21spike. I tried several months ago but never felt I Had it working correctly. have had it working now for a day. I think all the inputstream problems had me enabling/disabling addons and caused the confusion. Whatever setting i had wrong before are now correct. Thanks for helping. I need no further integration in IPTV Simple.

As far as the sling guide issues, I have two libreelec setups with flirc usb input devices using an ir remote. I tried enabling/disabling kodi touch support but still no hightlighed selection in the guide.
Updating the guide info, I Like the ability to turn off/ on displaying the update. Once I turn the system over to the family to use, less information is more.
One more thought, are you planning a link inside the Sling app to the Sling guide app? It would be a little confusing for them to understand the additional sling app.

Thanks for everything
  • For the IR remote, enabling debugging in the Sling Guide will print the button control ID to log on button push. If those are different than the one's I've captured, this may explain the issue.
    • I did push some tweaks to it today. Specifically first select will display program info, second select will trigger playback.
    • If somebody has a better example to capture input other than control id's, open to suggestions.
  • Series recording is now implemented as of yesterday.
    • This can be done via the Shows menu or My TV menu
  • Updates status is now optional
    • As of yesterday, an additional setting was adding to disable update notifications.
      Image​​​​​​
  • Guide inside Sling add-on
    • I can look into adding a check to see if the Guide is installed to add/remove a main menu item. Was
    • Was more of a proof-of-concept till lately.
(2021-05-05, 15:29)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-05, 15:11)hagertyoh Wrote: Thanks @matthuisman and @d21spike. I tried several months ago but never felt I Had it working correctly. have had it working now for a day. I think all the inputstream problems had me enabling/disabling addons and caused the confusion. Whatever setting i had wrong before are now correct. Thanks for helping. I need no further integration in IPTV Simple.

Thanks for everything
  • For the IR remote, enabling debugging in the Sling Guide will print the button control ID to log on button push. If those are different than the one's I've captured, this may explain the issue.
    • I did push some tweaks to it today. Specifically first select will display program info, second select will trigger playback.
    • If somebody has a better example to capture input other than control id's, open to suggestions.
  • Series recording is now implemented as of yesterday.
    • This can be done via the Shows menu or My TV menu
  • Updates status is now optional
    • As of yesterday, an additional setting was adding to disable update notifications.
      Image​​​​​​
  • Guide inside Sling add-on
    • I can look into adding a check to see if the Guide is installed to add/remove a main menu item. Was
    • Was more of a proof-of-concept till lately.

Thanks, just scheduled my first record new shows and turned off the update.

I might not have been clear in the guide issue. The push buttons are working and moving the selection around. The show information on top is changing as it moves. The only issue is easily knowing where you are. Nothing is highlighted on the guide. To know where you are located, I have been looking at the show info on the top and looking for the title in the guide. Hopefully I am making sense.
See photo. the selected show has no highlight
(2021-05-04, 23:52)matthuisman Wrote: @hagertyoh
IPTV Merge already supports Sling.
Just go Playlists > Add > Add-on > Sling
(this will automatically set the correct sling settings it needs)

I now realize why I was confused with EPG and slinger service, the number of days to bring over is tied to the EPG. It is disabled when the EPG is disabled. It seems this confit point should be enabled with slinger service enabled and not the EPG enable function.
(2021-05-05, 17:28)hagertyoh Wrote: Thanks, just scheduled my first record new shows and turned off the update.

I might not have been clear in the guide issue. The push buttons are working and moving the selection around. The show information on top is changing as it moves. The only issue is easily knowing where you are. Nothing is highlighted on the guide. To know where you are located, I have been looking at the show info on the top and looking for the title in the guide. Hopefully I am making sense.
See photo. the selected show has no highlight

That's an interesting rendering issue. Judging by the image above, the Libreelec copy also lacks the vertical separators between the airings. It's almost like the buttons themselves aren't rendering (showing up).

In a functional sense though, the update of the show information is triggered by the change of focus between the various buttons (basically clicking from one show to another). Once a button is focused, it's actually highlighted in blue and the show info is updated. If clicked again, playback will commence. Long press or options button will ask if you want to record.

I'll have to see if there's a reason Libreelec lacks the highlighting, since everything else I've tested looks like below:
I would not work to hard at it for me. When I started this most recent discussion I was thinking you really wanted to use the guide to be the basis of your recording function. After using it for a couple of days, using the Shows in Sling itself for scheduling a recording is pretty easy to use.
@d21spike
possible to enable the Guide Days setting when Use_Slinger is True but Enable_EPG is False?
(2021-05-06, 00:06)matthuisman Wrote: @d21spike
possible to enable the Guide Days setting when Use_Slinger is True but Enable_EPG is False?

Honestly forgot it was tied to that, probably cause initially it was targeted towards working directly with IPTV Simple. Yeah I can break the dependency no problem. Had plans to add toggles for each individual update process anyways. This way anyone who's only interested in the guide only, doesn't end up updating On Demand and etc. I'll try to get it done tomorrow morning.
(2021-05-06, 04:09)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 00:06)matthuisman Wrote: @d21spike

Honestly forgot it was tied to that, probably cause initially it was targeted towards working directly with IPTV Simple. Yeah I can break the dependency no problem. Had plans to add toggles for each individual update process anyways. This way anyone who's only interested in the guide only, doesn't end up updating On Demand and etc. I'll try to get it done tomorrow morning.
@matthuisman and @d21spike, today, when I went to further tailor IPTV merge, the IPTV Merge addon is indicating I need to Setup IPTV Simple Client. I looked in IPTV Simple and the configuration looks correct. I have been using IPTV merge for awhile and Sling is the new addition. My feel is last night Sling update channels and maybe set some flag. Is this something I should expect to see? I will cycle power on the raspberry pi and wait another day to see if things continue.
@hagertyoh
IPTV merge will show the setup button if it detects IPTV Simple settings are not correct for itself.
So something must have changed them. Simply click it to fix them.
Looks like Sling does update the settings to suit it as well: https://github.com/d21spike/plugin.video...er.py#L617
So that's probably what happened.
"Enable EPG into IPTV" setting to False will stop that happening.
I assume you turned that on so you could see the guide days.

Looks like a good update was done a few hours ago that should allow you to now set the Guide Days in Sling.
Update to 2021.5.6.1 of Sling.

@d21spike
Thanks for the update.
What settings do you think are best to be compatible with IPTV merge, currently I automatically set:
Use_Slinger > True
Enable_EPG > False

I think maybe now I should also do
Run_Updates > True
Update_Channels > True
Update_Guide > True

IPTV Merge just calls http://127.0.0.1:9999/channels.m3u and http://127.0.0.1:9999/guide.xml
I assume without the Update_Channels and Update_Guide - the above urls will be blank?
(2021-05-07, 00:51)matthuisman Wrote: @hagertyoh
IPTV merge will show the setup button if it detects IPTV Simple settings are not correct for itself.
So something must have changed them. Simply click it to fix them.
Looks like Sling does update the settings to suit it as well: https://github.com/d21spike/plugin.video...er.py#L617
So that's probably what happened.
"Enable EPG into IPTV" setting to False will stop that happening.
I assume you turned that on so you could see the guide days.

Looks like a good update was done a few hours ago that should allow you to now set the Guide Days in Sling.
Update to 2021.5.6.1 of Sling.

@d21spike
Thanks for the update.
What settings do you think are best to be compatible with IPTV merge, currently I automatically set:
Use_Slinger > True
Enable_EPG > False

I think maybe now I should also do
Run_Updates > True
Update_Channels > True
Update_Guide > True

IPTV Merge just calls http://127.0.0.1:9999/channels.m3u and http://127.0.0.1:9999/guide.xml
I assume without the Update_Channels and Update_Guide - the above urls will be blank?
  • Slinger service: will toggle the service which consequently runs the web server responsible for the guide files.
  • Show Progress: pretty self explanatory controls the display of Slinger updates.
  • Guide Days: this is responsible for how many 24 hours days of guide data are retrieved from sling. This is updated daily.
  • Enable EPG into IPTV: Depends on "Slinger Service" to be enabled. This controls automated injection into IPTV Simple
  • Open Guide On Startup: Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Enable EPG into IPTV" to be enabled. This controls whether the Kodi Guide open when Kodi is first started.
  • Run Updates: Depends on "Slinger Service" to be enabled. Controls whether database data is updated.
  • Update Channels: Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Run Updates" to be enabled. Controls whether user channel information is updated.
  • Update Guide: Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Run Updates" to be enabled. Controls whether guide data is updated.
  • Update On Demand: Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Run Updates" to be enabled. Controls whether On Demand categories are updated.
  • Update Shows: Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Run Updates" to be enabled. Controls whether Shows are updated.
  • Update VOD: Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Run Updates" to be enabled. Controls whether VOD is updated. (This mainly checks for videos no longer available and removes them.)
  • Depends on "Slinger Service" and "Run Updates" to be enabled. Trigger a manual update regardless if one has already been rand during the set interval.
  • Individual intervals for updates

Guide Links
In order to at the bare minimum to have guide pages working, the following need to be on:
  • Slinger Service

In order to have updated guide pages, the following need to be on:
  • Slinger Service
  • Run Updates
  • Update Guide
    • Adjust Guide Days to control how much data is retrieved.
    • Data that is downloaded is immediately reflected in the guide pages.
  • (Recommended) Update Channels
    • This is responsible for checking
      • Channels Added
      • Channels Removed
      • Channels Modified (Particularly ID which tend to break relationships)
Thanks all. I think I have it all set. The one thing that is always important to remember is to reboot Kodi after each config change in Sling.
(2021-05-03, 03:06)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 23:05)Penbrock Wrote: I think I had used IOFault-Repo back a while ago. Should I be using a different one?

IOFault-Repo is fine, just the default branch became Matrix since that is what Kodi is currently on.

The links below are to zip's in order to update the repo on your devices.

IOFault-Repo: Matrix
IOFault-Repo: Leia

Once, updated you'll be able to download the current version of Sling and Sling Guide.
(2021-05-02, 18:40)hagertyoh Wrote: That did it. Now works. Thanks

Glad to hear it, I'll test the change on other devices. If nothing breaks, I'll push it.
That worked thank you.
One other dumb question. Should I still keep the InputStream at 2.4.5.1 or is it ok now to turn the autoupdate back on?
(2021-05-08, 14:29)Penbrock Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 03:06)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 23:05)Penbrock Wrote: I think I had used IOFault-Repo back a while ago. Should I be using a different one?

IOFault-Repo is fine, just the default branch became Matrix since that is what Kodi is currently on.

The links below are to zip's in order to update the repo on your devices.

IOFault-Repo: Matrix
IOFault-Repo: Leia

Once, updated you'll be able to download the current version of Sling and Sling Guide.
(2021-05-02, 18:40)hagertyoh Wrote: That did it. Now works. Thanks

Glad to hear it, I'll test the change on other devices. If nothing breaks, I'll push it.
That worked thank you.
One other dumb question. Should I still keep the InputStream at 2.4.5.1 or is it ok now to turn the autoupdate back on?

As far as I'm aware, there are no current issues with mainstream. I would let it update.
Hello, Im checking to see if there is any current issues with Raspberrypi4 running Kodi 19 Xbain and the SlingTv add on from IOFault Repo? I can open the SlingTv add on and load channels but when you click on one of them they don't load and an error message comes up "Playback Failed".
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0