• 30(current)
Beta Sling
yep, definitely issue with sling, errors on my android device as well!
Anyone with a Sling login able to test my new Stremium add-on?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363471

UPDATE:
Sling live channels via Stremium now confirmed working Smile
(2021-07-06, 22:58)mancrew Wrote: Getting sling errors. The addon says account not active after I input the credentials! Is this a common error in Kodi 19 for windows 10?

Just tried a fresh install on both Windows 10 and Android with no issues. If you're still seeing these errors, post a log. Make sure debug logging is enabled in both Kodi and Sling. Also verify you can watch using the browser, sounds like you have an account issue.
(2021-07-07, 13:31)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 22:58)mancrew Wrote: Getting sling errors. The addon says account not active after I input the credentials! Is this a common error in Kodi 19 for windows 10?

Just tried a fresh install on both Windows 10 and Android with no issues. If you're still seeing these errors, post a log. Make sure debug logging is enabled in both Kodi and Sling. Also verify you can watch using the browser, sounds like you have an account issue.

I can watch in my browser and the stand-alone sling app for windows 11 as well! Perhaps, it maybe an account issue as you said! Couldn't be anything else I guess! Thanks for the reply!
Hi, I just added a few Over The Air channels to Sling via AirTV and a OTA digital antenna. I'm able to watch these channels using the ipad or android app and on the web site - but cannot see these channels with the add-on. Are OTA channels added via AirTV supposed to be available with the add-on? I have tried deleting the database and reconnecting with no luck..
Is there anyway to stop Kodi from creating the grouping that is being created in the EPG?  E.g. Entertainment, News, Music, etc.
If I turn off "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)" in PVR & Live TV I don't get a Sling TV group, the channels just appear in All Channels.
(2021-08-11, 18:35)scoot Wrote: Is there anyway to stop Kodi from creating the grouping that is being created in the EPG?  E.g. Entertainment, News, Music, etc.
If I turn off "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)" in PVR & Live TV I don't get a Sling TV group, the channels just appear in All Channels.
Yeah, in the default Estuary skin.
If you go to the EPG screen and scroll left as far as you can go to bring up the PVR sideblade menu options, you can change the view to not include the channel groups. Be careful though, because this option also includes changing the EPG view from horizonal rows to vertical. You just need to select the right view, ie horizonal without channel groups.
The Channel Groups will still exist on the side blade, but not on the EPG screen.
Not sure if this is what you were hoping for?
(2021-08-11, 19:00)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-08-11, 18:35)scoot Wrote: Is there anyway to stop Kodi from creating the grouping that is being created in the EPG?  E.g. Entertainment, News, Music, etc.
If you go to the EPG screen and scroll left as far as you can go to bring up the PVR sideblade menu options, you can change the view to not include the channel groups. Be careful though, because this option also includes changing the EPG view from horizonal rows to vertical. You just need to select the right view, ie horizonal without channel groups.
The Channel Groups will still exist on the side blade, but not on the EPG screen.
(2021-08-11, 22:49)scoot Wrote:
(2021-08-11, 19:00)Dumyat Wrote:

Not exactly what I was thinking but it does make it better.  I'm thinking I don't want certain groups to be even created to begin with.  This Sling add-on creates a bunch of it's own groups as I mentioned.  I don't want those but I want my other groups being created.  For example, I use Stremium, I want a Stremium group, and the Philo and Locast provider groups. I don't want the arbitrary ones Sling creates.  So I'm looking for something, presumably it would be a setting in the Sling add-on that disables those other groups from being created OR if there was a way I could permanently disable them in Kodi they would work too.
@scoot
if you use IPTV Merge (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340691) which supports Sling, you can disable importing the groups.

Merge > Playlists > Add > Add-on > Sling
Merge > Playlists > Sling > Ignore Playlist Groups > True
Merge > Playlists > Sling > Group Name > Blank (None)
(2021-08-11, 23:00)matthuisman Wrote: @scoot
if you use IPTV Merge (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340691) which supports Sling, you can disable importing the groups.

Merge > Playlists > Add > Add-on > Sling
Merge > Playlists > Sling > Ignore Playlist Groups > True
Merge > Playlists > Sling > Group Name > Blank (None)

We have a winner, thanks so much!
I tried installing this plugin today, but I get an error telling me that dependency Python 3.0 is not installed.   LibreElec v9.2.6 (Leia 18.9)

How do I install dependencies that are required for this plugin?

Thank you.

Daryl
The plugin is only for Kodi Matrix and future versions, based on Python 3.

You can't install Python 3 as a dependency, you would need to upgrade your device from Leia to Matrix.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-16, 19:36)DarrenHill Wrote: The plugin is only for Kodi Matrix and future versions, based on Python 3.

You can't install Python 3 as a dependency, you would need to upgrade your device from Leia to Matrix.

Ah...I see.  Matrix is still beta for LE. I did have it on an RPi4.  Perhaps I'll try it again, and it works, then bump all of my PI's up.

Thanks

Daryl
(2021-08-16, 20:52)rosede Wrote:
(2021-08-16, 19:36)DarrenHill Wrote: The plugin is only for Kodi Matrix and future versions, based on Python 3.

Ah...I see.  Matrix is still beta for LE. I did have it on an RPi4.  Perhaps I'll try it again, and it works, then bump all of my PI's up.

Thanks

Daryl
I installed LE beta (9.97.1) AKA v10. Installed the SlingTV Plugin and it works great. Thank you for this addon.

I am still in the process of setting up my environment to incorporate Sling and I want to incorporate over the air TV as well.  I see Sling partners with AirTV to steam over the air channels. I have not yet setup AirTV, but this should work with this plugin as well, correct?  I'm going to assume that it does, but I'd just like to confirm.

Thanks for creating this addon.  

Daryl
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0