• 32(current)
Beta Sling
I found that I had to uninstall both Sling and HDHomerun PVR and then reinstall Sling first, let it update the guide, and then reinstall HDHomerun. Then the guide included both the channels.
(2022-01-04, 01:32)bds3151 Wrote: I found that I had to uninstall both Sling and HDHomerun PVR and then reinstall Sling first, let it update the guide, and then reinstall HDHomerun. Then the guide included both the channels.

So, this only works with the HDHomeRun PVR?  Can you also integrate HDR channels with the Sling guide?

Thanks

Daryl
Does anyone know if there's a terminal command that can play a certain channel when run? Currently having to log in every morning to get these playing again as we're using them for break room content. I'd love to have a way to automate that process.

Thanks!
I still have not got the Sling channels to reliably integrate on the kodi guide. If I restart Kodi, the HD HR channels come through but sling doesn't integrate until I disable/reenable  the HD HR add on.
Ok I just tried IPTV Merge add on and it seems to be working to produce the Guide with HDHR and Sling Channels.
IPTV Merge at https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/02/iptv-...dd-on.html
(2022-01-10, 04:08)bds3151 Wrote: IPTV Merge at https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/02/iptv-...dd-on.html
Thanks I'll give this a try.

Daryl
I have several RPi4 running LE v10.0.0  and they all have this Sling plugin running.  Recently I upgraded LE to v10.0.1, but I started having issues with CEC.  LE support acknowledged that there is a bug in CEC and recommend that I roll back to v10.0.0, which I did. Ever since, I have been having issues with this sling plugin buffering and caching.

After the PI sits idle for a period of time, not sure how long, and I try to watch something on Sling, the video buffers and caches.  I have to reboot the Pi to re-establish the connection. I posted a similar question on LE, but no one has responded. I'm wondering if someone here in this thread can look at the log file I posted and know what the issue might be.

https://pastebin.com/RuNwcfez

It's really a pain to have to reboot the pi every time I want to watch something on Sling.

Thank you.

Daryl
So I finally decided to get around to rebuilding my Raspberry Pi device since I generally like to do that once a year. When trying to install sling after installing the io fault repo.

I get this; The dependency on XBMC. Python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied.

This is on a fresh 9.2.8 LibreElec build.

Ty.

The version being displayed for install is 2021.10.31.1
Must be a Leia (kodi 18) build. You'll need Matrix (Kodi 19) or greater to run this addon. The latest LibreElec 10.0.1 should work.
(2022-01-29, 14:00)eracknaphobia Wrote: Must be a Leia (kodi 18) build. You'll need Matrix (Kodi 19) or greater to run this addon. The latest LibreElec 10.0.1 should work.
Thanks for that little update but if that's the case and to be slightly blunt... I'm s*** out of luck short of just continuing to keep sling on the Roku, because 10.0.1 is for the Raspberry Pi 4.
Food for thought, but the last time I looked there was only the one installable version. I know some repositories carry past versions, do you guys by chance have a past version that might say work with 9.2.8 on the Raspberry Pi 3 that I have?

That you can otherwise put back into the repo allowing the user to select the older version if the current one will not install for them due to say a similar issue ?

But yeah, unless they do like say a 9.2.9 that works on the Raspberry Pi 3 and the current version of Sling. Everyone like me is otherwise stuck. But it seems they're inadvertently forcing people to more than likely upgrade to the Raspberry Pi 4 which is I think $100 hit for a full kit right now. If you get the 8gb one. Which is on The To Do List just not in the funds right now.
You should be able to get the Leia version here: https://github.com/d21spike/plugin.video.../tree/Leia

Just click the code button and Download Zip. Sorry, it slipped my mind.
(2022-01-29, 18:19)eracknaphobia Wrote: You should be able to get the Leia version here: https://github.com/d21spike/plugin.video.../tree/Leia

Just click the code button and Download Zip. Sorry, it slipped my mind.
Thx, I'll give that a shot in a few. I mean even if it dont work, the way I do my builds, i at least need it to install.

It's weird, but it's more like oob base programming. Might not work now, but maybe it will later.

I keep zips from certain setup points to make reinstalls seem less down the road. But this is a full rebuild w a few extras/ new stuff.
Slight update, I don't mess with GitHub very often so I'm not exactly sure on what I'm supposed to do to download a zip because I'm just looking at a bunch of files here that I'm assuming would otherwise be contained in the zip with whatever installers it uses.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0