TMM extremely slow suddenly
Hi, 

I have been a TMM user for a long time.  Today, in several instances of TMM I usually work with, I have seen a extremely slow progress in TMM for things I used to do quite fast.

Eventhoug it takes some time to do the media info of every file (something easy to understand), TMM used to be quite fast in adding folder content to it's database.

However, from today It has taken almost 3 hours scan a folder with 900 movies, and still it has only 700.

Besides, all files have their correspond NFO & JPG files, but as you can see, instead of showing filename or title name (as in nfo file), it shows an empty space where it usually shows the title.

Find attached a picture of it.

hard to say without being able to have a detailed look at the system itself.. somehow like you say your windows is slow Smile
but I have seen that _sometimes_ the UI events inside tmm go crazy and slow down everything. I you see the the tmm UI is unresponsive the actual work might be already finished, but the UI stuck at reworking the events. in this case you could kill tmm and restart it and it should be fast again.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-01-17, 20:46)mlaggner Wrote: hard to say without being able to have a detailed look at the system itself.. somehow like you say your windows is slow Smile
but I have seen that _sometimes_ the UI events inside tmm go crazy and slow down everything. I you see the the tmm UI is unresponsive the actual work might be already finished, but the UI stuck at reworking the events. in this case you could kill tmm and restart it and it should be fast again.

Ok, this clearly it is really strange.

I finally have finished to scan all my directory.  I have to say that it finally did the media info, so it doesn't seem so slow at all.

But now, this is really weard.  I have many movies were it doesn't show anything in the title, althoght there is an NFO file, and videl filename it named exactly as the movie in TMDB, so it should take it right away.

Now, if I do a Ctrl + May + S to scrap a movie, where it always fill the title from the filename, now it is empty, as you can see in this image.

Anything I should do?
Crate a bug report asap.. We might have luck and there is anything useful in the logs
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2020-01-17, 20:15)jhoyos Wrote: Hi, 

I have been a TMM user for a long time.  Today, in several instances of TMM I usually work with, I have seen a extremely slow progress in TMM for things I used to do quite fast.

Eventhoug it takes some time to do the media info of every file (something easy to understand), TMM used to be quite fast in adding folder content to it's database.

However, from today It has taken almost 3 hours scan a folder with 900 movies, and still it has only 700.

Besides, all files have their correspond NFO & JPG files, but as you can see, instead of showing filename or title name (as in nfo file), it shows an empty space where it usually shows the title.

Find attached a picture of it.

I can confirm the performance has indeed dropped big time...
do subsequent data source updates also last that long?

for users upgraded from 3.0.x -> 3.1 or 3.1.1 there was an error which literally removed all movies from the database. so the first udpate data sources would reimport everything which could last some time (depending on the speed of your data source). subsequent updates should not find any new data and thus should be fast as pre-3.1
Hi, 

It was a strange error.  What I did it was to delete from tmm all movies which where with "blank information" and re-scan again the source, and they appeared perfectly as always.  So I think it was a temporary error, I don't know why.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM extremely slow suddenly0