Mark videos on external NAS drive as watched
I have a lot of movies and tv shows on an external NAS. It's hard to keep up with what I have/haven't watched.  Is there any way to have Kodi 18 (on Shield) mark a recently played show/movie as watched?  I am currently using Plex.  The problem is I must use subtitles and Plex won't allow me to adjust the timing on subtitles (and a lot are not correctly synced) where when playing on Kodi I can manually adjust the timing.
Kodi doesn't care whether your sources are local or on a networked NAS. It will mark them watched when you watch them. The record is stored in Kodi's databases (MyVideos###.db in this case, where ### is the current database ID depending on the Kodi version used) and doesn't depend on where the media is stored.

Or if you mean can you mark a movie as watched that you have watched elsewhere, go to it in your Kodi library and use the context menu to mark it as watched.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-20, 22:51)DarrenHill Wrote: Kodi doesn't care whether your sources are local or on a networked NAS. It will mark them watched when you watch them. The record is stored in Kodi's databases (MyVideos###.db in this case, where ### is the current database ID depending on the Kodi version used) and doesn't depend on where the media is stored.

Or if you mean can you mark a movie as watched that you have watched elsewhere, go to it in your Kodi library and use the context menu to mark it as watched.
Thank you DarrenHill.  I probably should have mentioned that I use the Aeon Nox Silvo skin.  Maybe that's why it won't mark as watchedHuh  I didn't know I had a Kodi library as everything is on the NAS?? Could you direct me to info about setting up a Kodi library?
There I have no idea as it's not the skin I use.

I'll move this to the Aeon Nox Silvio section so the people who do may be able to help more.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Isn't this issue more related to mine (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350950) than to the skin ?
If finally figured out how to add to the library in Aeon Nox Silvo.  I had disabled 'Videos'. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark videos on external NAS drive as watched0